NON PC - Homophobic/Irish joke...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Shamus and Murphy fancied a pint or two but didn't have a lot of money
between them, they could only raise the staggering sum of one Euro.

Murphy said "Hang on, I have an idea."

He went next door to the butcher's shop and came out with one large
sausage.

Shamus said "Are you crazy? Now we don't have any money left at all!"

Murphy replied, "Don't worry - just follow me."

He went into the pub where he immediately ordered two pints of Guinness
and two glasses of Jameson Whisky.

Shamus said "Now you've lost it. Do you know how much trouble we will be
in? We haven't got any money!!"

Murphy replied, with a smile. "Don't worry, I have a plan, Cheers!"

They downed their Drinks. Murphy said, "OK, I'll stick the sausage
through my zipper and you go on your knees and put it in your mouth."

The barman noticed them, went berserk, and threw them out.

They continued this, pub after pub, getting more and more drunk, all for
free.

At the tenth pub Shamus said "Murphy - I don't think I can do any more
of this. I'm drunk and me knees are killin'me!"

Murphy said, "How do you think I feel? I lost the sausage in the third
pub.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Groan :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
There was this Englishman, Jamaican and a Pakistani in a pub...

...what a joyous example of racial harmony!

yoyo

Don't you mean Seamus and Murphy? Shamus is phonic English!

Mr Yoyo and I are originally from Dublin. I read the OP to him and he is still screaming with laughter.

simonali

Guru
Seamus and Murphy and their wives decide to do a bit of partner swapping.

The next morning Seamus says to Murphy "I didn't enjoy that much, I wonder how the girls got on?"

Rapples

Guru
yoyo said:
Don't you mean Seamus and Murphy? Shamus is phonic English!

And I thought th joke was going to be about Seamus Fitzmurphy, and Murphy Fitzseamus:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

yello

Just thinking (not in a PC way), is there a reason for them to be Irish? Just curious. The joke doesn't really rely on the stereotype of 'loikes a drink but a bit tick'. Sorry, overly analytical, I know!!

bobg

Über Member
I seem to recall that in my early career spending many happing hours boozing and yarning with ships captains of many nationalities, each race gad a similar whipping boy for example Germans --- Frieslanders etc. Not the French of course but then they didnt do humour ..

rich p

ridiculous old lush
bobg said:
I seem to recall that in my early career spending many happing hours boozing and yarning with ships captains of many nationalities, each race gad a similar whipping boy for example Germans --- Frieslanders etc. Not the French of course but then they didnt do humour ..

Our lovely Brazilian, Luiza, did I mention her before? She says the Brazilians use the Portuguese as their scapegoat in humour. Bit rich, picking on the ancestors!

Although there is a point to all the racial elements that needs to be recognised, I think that if it is do in a good natured way then fine but if it is done in a nasty way then it is not.

As a white English man I do admit that I am not the butt of jokes as much as some but when I am I can't remember ever being offended.

Germans may call me a "roastbeef" or Jackie Mason may call me a "gentile" but really what is the problem with that?

I can see the point with Irish jokes giving the whole nation a "thick" label but that is really lazy joke telling, the joke works by the situation not the fact that they are Irish.

yello

Over The Hill said:
the joke works by the situation not the fact that they are Irish.

I think so too, hence me wondering. I hasten to add that I don't have a problem with the joke. Equally, I know every nation has its fall guy and it's often quite good natured. It's got me wondering about the French though, I'll ask around and see if they have a nation they like to take the piss out of... I suspect it's the English... and the Germans....

Top Bottom