Non-suspension ebike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm still doing my research before splashing the cash. I may be looking for rocking horse poo but does any company offer a bike without suspension forks that isn't a road style? I've done searches but can't find any. My current bike is a converted MTB that I use to tour on and ideally I'd like something along those lines. I've found bikes that have the range I'm looking for but all of them come with suspension forks.

Drago

Legendary Member
Carrera Subway Electric. No suspension, hybrid style that is very happy on trails but also very competent on the tarmac, full Suntour electric drivetrain from front-to-back so more reliable than the mix and match used elesewhere in the range, hydraulic discs brakes, absolutely spot on price. I'm loving mine.

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/reviews/electric-hybrid/carrera-subway-e-2006

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Orbea Gain Hybrid is worth considering;
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Or..._SmYNR9KwMF-aZkk-LxoC78UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

gzoom

Über Member
There is a whole load of Fazua powered eBikes with no suspension and flat bars from Boardman, Canyon, and if you really have cash to splash even Pinarello etc.

I'm loving my Boardman, for me the Fazua is really well executed, and am finding if I put the effort in one charge is good enough to cover nearly 100 miles of beautiful British rolling country side ^_^.

50333062121_90a58e3954_b.jpg

50355966711_da8d1a02fe_b.jpg

Carrera Subway Electric. No suspension, hybrid style that is very happy on trails but also very competent on the tarmac, full Suntour electric drivetrain from front-to-back so more reliable than the mix and match used elesewhere in the range, hydraulic discs brakes, absolutely spot on price. I'm loving mine.

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/reviews/electric-hybrid/carrera-subway-e-2006
looks interesting - that review and comments say a range of just 40km though - and an issue with water getting at the battery unless you make do some adapting.

Drago

Legendary Member
looks interesting - that review and comments say a range of just 40km though - and an issue with water getting at the battery unless you make do some adapting.
Im a whisker under 19 stones weight and can manage 35 miles with a bit left in the tank, which is something like 57km, and im not the cleverest at using the modes.

There is a whole load of Fazua powered eBikes with no suspension and flat bars from Boardman, Canyon, and if you really have cash to splash even Pinarello etc.

I'm loving my Boardman, for me the Fazua is really well executed, and am finding if I put the effort in one charge is good enough to cover nearly 100 miles of beautiful British rolling country side ^_^.

View attachment 549451

View attachment 549452
i think the chap i got came across on a recent yorkshire ride and got nattering to was on one of those. He was very impressed by it.

Can I ask how much?

gzoom

Über Member
i think the chap i got came across on a recent yorkshire ride and got nattering to was on one of those. He was very impressed by it.

Can I ask how much?

£1980 back in Feb, the star of the show is the Fazua motor. Since Feb this year Fazua have been updating lots of the software, when I bought the bike the assistance on offer was fixed, and it could only connect to the Fazua app.

Now I can set each assistance level to my liking, including a 300watts 'over boost' feature. I can also now get a power meter reading using a Wahoo App/head unit, given power meters are £300+ bits of kit its a great feature to have. More features I think are coming.

The rest of the bike is so-so, but serves me fine, though am some point I'll get some better wheels for it.

Fab bits of kit, I really would love to try the Fazua motor on a really good carbon frame with a good wheelset.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
so this is what I did as rigid ebikes are like rocking horse poop as stated by the OP

I bought the cube acid one ebike, bosch active plus motor 50nm, 500wh battery.....I then proceeded to rip off the basic suspension fork which is crap anyway and added a carbon mtb fork, which then gave me a mighty impressive road going rigid ebike once I switched the tyres for the schwalbe big apples in 52mm......

OP
OP
O

oldworld

so this is what I did as rigid ebikes are like rocking horse poop as stated by the OP

I bought the cube acid one ebike, bosch active plus motor 50nm, 500wh battery.....I then proceeded to rip off the basic suspension fork which is crap anyway and added a carbon mtb fork, which then gave me a mighty impressive road going rigid ebike once I switched the tyres for the schwalbe big apples in 52mm......
I'm beginning to think that's what I'll have to do to get what I want. I've already gone down this route on my present bike.
It made no sense from a cost viewpoint but if what I want isn't available off the shelf then it's the only answer.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm beginning to think that's what I'll have to do to get what I want. I've already gone down this route on my present bike.
It made no sense from a cost viewpoint but if what I want isn't available off the shelf then it's the only answer.
its great in this mode as you can still add some chunky tyres and take it on gravel, canal, fireroads etc etc.......just not full on mountain biking

i use it for commuting, but bought a second one to use if i want to do a more offraod specific commute, which is still just normally canal, but rural not tarmac

Zanelad

Guru
I've got one of these...
giant-fastroad-e-1-e-bike-2019_46121.jpg

I get 4 x 22 mile commutes easily and could probably squeeze a fifth one at a push. 70 miles on a more hillier ride at weekends.

Attachments

• giant-fastroad-e-1-e-bike-2019_46121.jpg
    giant-fastroad-e-1-e-bike-2019_46121.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom