Nooooo....Nooooo....Oooooer....Yeukkk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
A simple ride was all it set out to be :smile:
Damp out on the roads tonight, but bugger it, i'll take the good bike and its not too cold tonight, i'll dress lightly.

Nooooo....it turned to steady rain . Ah well, i'll survive. No mudguards so i got wetter and wetter, but what the hell, its only water xx(

Nooooo....i'm within a mile of home...my front Cateye halogen lamp clattered onto a section of dual carriageway. I stopped in the vain hope it may have survived. Even if it did, the next three cars that ran over it 'probably' saw it off. Three sets of crunching plastic :sad: i didnt even bother to find it and rode off :sad:

Ooooer..i'm now within 1/4 mile of home, comes up to a r/about, brakes lightly...and skids like buggery on the soaking wet oily road . Might as well have been on a skating rink.

Yeukkk...my missus laughed like a donkey as i got undressed.
Socks so wet i couldnt get them off. Underpants that were all saggy with the water in them they looked two sizes too big.

Lovely ride...i still enjoyed 16 miles worth.

Sometimes, it doesnt matter what gets thrown at you (bottles excluded :biggrin:)

Dave5N

Über Member
Well done. It's only a light. As long as you're ok.

yenrod

One of those 'aw **** it' / put it behind you and forget 'em, type of rides...

I was just about to do like you did - start off but thought NO ! - Run instead :sad:

BJB said:
You wear underpants when you are cycling?????????????????????????????????

I do in winter, a pair of thermal ones.

Anyone remeber the thermal ones you could get with a nylon windproof patch on the front?

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
BJB said:
You wear underpants when you are cycling?????????????????????????????????

:sad::biggrin::biggrin: None of that mamby pamby padded cr@p for me...no sireeee.

No seriously, in never have, and rarely suffered any probems.
Summer, winter, anything up to 50 miles on a 'normal' seat...yes, maybe some mild discomfort once or twice but nothing to write home about.

Maybe i'm lucky, maybe i'm stoopid xx(

Bigtallfatbloke

the interesting thing about how three cars crushed your lights is that they couldnt or wouldnt stop....had you fallen in place of the lights ....well it doesnt bear thinking about...just shows they were too close and too fast.

simonali

Guru
Crackle said:
I do in winter, a pair of thermal ones.

Anyone remeber the thermal ones you could get with a nylon windproof patch on the front?

Windproof? Did they have really tight leg elastic, too?

simonali said:
Windproof? Did they have really tight leg elastic, too?

No, those ones are all nylon :wacko:

Keith Oates said:
I've never seen underpants with a windproof piece in the front:wacko:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madison made them/imported them, ooh way back now. Errrmmm, let's see, musta been around 1985 - Don't tell me you guys still had your own nylon pants on then :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bigtallfatbloke said:
the interesting thing about how three cars crushed your lights is that they couldnt or wouldnt stop....had you fallen in place of the lights ....well it doesnt bear thinking about...just shows they were too close and too fast.

Assuming they even saw it - a light ain't a big thing, and if it had gone off, and the road was dark...

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
No, to clarify....
No cars nearby when afformentioned light fell off (my fault i assume, must'nt have had it secure).
I rolled to a stop, looked back to try to see where the bloomin thing is....as three cars came off the r/about...each one hitting at least a part of my ex light :evil:

Fuggit...i never thought about the four re-chargeable batteries that are now at the side of the road somewhere :evil: I might have a look soon. The loss of them hurts more than the loss of the light. :sad:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
16 miles with undie grundies :evil:...... those seams...... :sad:

Am i REALLY the only one who never wears padded shorts / longs ?

I honestly dont suffer...i just dont get it, surely i'm not the only one :evil:

16 miles is just a short run...25 to 35 miles in the summers my normal distance....and i still dont get problems with underwear.

Top Bottom