Northamptonshire Warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't really know where to post it but this warning appeared on a few local sites today:

Hi all, hope you all had a great weekend riding. Not so good news though, genuine report (colleague of one of my cycling friends) of 2 guys in a grey flatbed landrover in Northants villages forcing solo cyclists off road then making off with their bikes. 3 reports yesterday Sun 20th, police are aware. Take care out there.

Drago

Legendary Member
Genuine, eh? Let me tap up my sources.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Pinch of salt me thinks!

Quite a distinctive vehicle to be doing something so high profile and illegal (flatbed landrover, WTF is that?).

I wonder if someone is maybe spreading false rumours/allegations to get revenge against a driver they have had an altercation with?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Quite a distinctive vehicle to be doing something so high profile and illegal (flatbed landrover, WTF is that?).

In the eyes of quite a few people, any 4x4 is a Landrover so it could just as easily be an L200, or a Hi-Lux or any other vehicle of the type.

Be interesting to get the report verified though, as Google isn't turning anything up that I can see.

Reactions: mjr

Drago

Legendary Member
I do all my riding in that area, because I live slap bang in the middle of it.

Top Bottom