Northern lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I made a time-lapse video of the view from my kitchen window. Annoyingly the snow did not last long, but there was something interesting going on in the sky the first night. Were they the northern lights?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
In Reading? No.

Even in the best viewing location, above the Arctic circle, a timelapse video like that would barely show them.

I suspect it's the moon, perhaps partly obscured by clouds.

Either that or it's angels practising for the second coming of the Messiah.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5094685, member: 9609"]do you know what date it was ? you could find the day on the following site and see if there was any activity
https://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/plots/?project=samnet&site=crk2&date=2017-12-05

Cameras often seem to pick up red coloured stuff in the sky that we don't seem to see with our eyes (?)
I have seen the lights quite a few times but they have always just been green and quite boring really. First time I saw them I thought they were just weird looking clouds, then the next day it was on the news about an amazing display.[/QUOTE]

10th to 11th December. It does not look anything very interesting was happening according to your website. I suppose srw's moon hypothesis was the most likely. :blush:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 5095213, member: 9609"]there is an option on that site to receive an alert when activity is likely. althoigh they are no guarantee that you will see anything, especially as far south as you are.[/QUOTE]
i have those alerts on my Facebook feed... one thing the do seem to guarantee is a cloudy sky when activity is high.

Top Bottom