Northwave Road Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cityfan247

In the market for my first pair of Road SPD-SL shoes.

Looking at Northwave though cant find a local shop to try any on. So will have to go mail order.

2 models: Sonic SRS RRP £99.99 Sonic 3S RRP £89.99. The difference is the SRS has a ratchet strap and the 3S has 3 velcro straps

2 questions
Sizing. I am a UK 12 for most regular shoes/trainers. i am thinking EU48 which is roughly a UK 13 on Northwaves sizing guide- would that be right?

Ratchet v Velcro. The RRP is only £10 difference so would go for the ratchet but online whilst i can find the 3S for under £60 i cant find the SRS for less than £85. Is ratchet worth the £25 extra? What do people think?

any advice appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
North wave come up fairly wide. Buy from retailers with free returns or it gets very expensive very quickly

Citius

Ratchet v velcro is entirely down to personal preference. If you prefer ratchet, then the £25 is worth it.

U

User33236

I've got ratchet on my SPD shoes and boa on my road shoes. Personally I prefer them both over velcro.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
@vickster gave sound advice! Free returns are an absolute must if you buy any kind of cycling shoes/clothing online. The sizing is completely bonkers.

I'm a huge fan of NorthWave shoes, mine being SPDs. They are great on the road bikes, have a nice wide fit, and the materials they use mean that they don't smell.

OP
OP
C

cityfan247

Thanks everyone. Yeh Viks sound advice indeed.

A local shop didnt have in stock to try but reckoned a 48 would be right. i have plumped for a pair of white/black Sonic SRS in 48 from Wiggle. They have a free returns policy.

Top Bottom