Norwegian winter clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm off to Norway the week after next.

The plan is for a couple of days in Oslo then of to Geilo for a week or so.

I have all the usual stuff for UK winters, fleeces, base layers and various waterproof shells etc, the tempratures are expected to be - 5 to - 20 though, do I have all the excuse needed for some nice new down jackets?

This will be the first of a few visits. Im taking my son so we probably wont be too active maybe a little sking (our first) and a bit of sight seeing.

Any advice?

Ta

Cathryn

Legendary Member
TK Maxxx. Bargain ski gear. Good even when your're not skiing.

Sounds fantastic!

orbiter

starseven said:
I'm off to Norway the week after next.

Madness! But should be interesting. I've cycled there through snowdrifts in July!

My friends in Oslo cycle to work all year round despite the snow (using studded tyres). As to clothes, I'd think about buying in Oslo as outdoor clothes are one of the few things I've found cheaper in Norway than UK - and designed for the climate.

Pete

OP
OP
S

starseven

Thanks everyone

I have ordered a couple stormlite down jackets from the field and trek sale. At £32 delivered they are a third the price of the brand name stuff!! Nice one.

We got some ski trousers form tkmaxx already, Im quite looking forward to minus 20 just to see what its like:ohmy:

Cheers

OP
OP
S

starseven

Thoroughly recommend Norway.

Short flight from Stanstead, extremely good public transport, Oslo well orginised and very civilised.

I may have just got lucky, but everyone seemed much easier on the eye than the blobbies at home and unlike the UK, English is spoken by nearly everyone.

OP
OP
S

starseven

About £6.50 usually (0.4l) and after several I was even seperated from a tenner for a shot of Laphroig !!

orbiter

starseven said:
Thoroughly recommend Norway.

Short flight from Stanstead, extremely good public transport, Oslo well orginised and very civilised.

I may have just got lucky, but everyone seemed much easier on the eye than the blobbies at home and unlike the UK, English is spoken by nearly everyone.

Short flight from Stanstead :angry: but beware the 2 hour bus ride to Oslo if you fly Ryanair :smile: Fortunately it is only 20 minutes train by Norwegian Air who can be almost as cheap.

Top Bottom