Norwich ride - October 3rd (SAT) - 10 oclock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
colinr said:
Saturday 3 October would be best for me, though Sunday 4 is a possible.

Saturday is fine for me (again, both are possible - makes no difference to me).

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Okay, so how does Saturday sound? What sort of time? Maybe about 10 oclock?

I said in my first post about meeting at the Sports Park within the UNI as it is a pretty easy place to meet. If people are getting a train in maybe meet at the train station?

I live off Colman Road so anywhere in and around town is pretty central.

colinr

Saturday at 10 sounds good. I've done the route from the station, Sports Park is the wrong side of town for this route.

I did a recon mission today, and have revised the proposed route to this: http://tinyurl.com/norwichride (it removes some busier roads and some really narrow roads).

Possible stops are:

Quick detour into Heydon, it's very nice and I think it had a cafe and a pub.

Sheringham, or can not bother going into Sheringham itself and stop at Pretty Corner tearooms.

Cawston, has a pub, don't know what it's like.

And at the end, the Coach and Horses pub near the station is very good and serves food.

On the offchance ~55 miles on fixed hasn't finished me, I can arrange an extra 10, 20 or 30 mile loop, all of which have pubs as potential stops.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
colinr said:
Saturday at 10 sounds good. I've done the route from the station, Sports Park is the wrong side of town for this route.

Station is fine for me.

Auntie Helen said:
I'll have to say no to this one as I'm doing the fnrttc and so will be in Southend asleep on Saturday morning!

4F said:
I regret I will be a no for this date as well.

What dates could you do?

Colin, do you fancy going for the ride anyway, or shall we wait until a few more people can come?

colinr

I'll do this weekend anyway (have PM'd you Thomas).

I'm happy to do a repeat but at present can't do any other weekends in October. That may change though.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Having had a pass last weekend for the Suffolk ride and to find the little 4F's had been "a challenge" in my absence I feel maybe at least 3 or 4 weeks will have to transpire before the next pass is rubber stamped.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Espresso vecchio said:
Thomas! Have you seen the weather forecast for Saturday...some of us (oldies)are fairweather cyclists! And what's wrong with S Norfolk..plenty of quiet lanes/roads

I don't do looking at weather forecasts :smile:....I usually go South...went to New Buckenham the other week, planning on doing down to Diss/Bary St Edmunds at some stage.

If anyone wants to come with me and Colin it's probably best to PM one of us so we know ...we'll be meeting at the cycle parking in the station car park entrance.

colinr

It says heavy rain now, but oh how the forecast does fib. Biggest problem if it rains (for other people) is that I don't have mudguards.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
colinr said:
It says heavy rain now, but oh how the forecast does fib. Biggest problem if it rains (for other people) is that I don't have mudguards.

pfft, does that mean I have to help save you from the wind, or get muddy?

I've only got a rear mud guard (I knocked the front one off with my big feet and I'm too lazy to put it back on)....I doubt it'd make any difference.

Oh well, I'll remember to pack a jacket :biggrin:...unless there it's 6 feet deep of water or something, a bit of rain never hurt anyone.

Top Bottom