Not a good time for a total boiler failure....:cold:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Defo the boiler? Mine stopped working and it turned out to be the digital room thermostat seemingly working okay but the batteries just that bit too low to trigger the relay in it.

Digital thermostat? :laugh: This one is still a mechanical bimetallic strip type, and needless to say, it's working perfectly! Nonetheless, it will be replaced by the digital type as part of this repair, I don't doubt...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is the System Pressure low ?
I had that a few months ago, so I topped it up before really needing the heating.

Condensate pipe frozen outside ?
That's a good suggestion. It would be a problem if mine froze up because it is above what I can reach up to from my step-ladder.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
britsih gas homecare is one of the few "extended warranty/ insurance things " that for me pays to have just in case ( besides the obvious ones like car /house insurance etc )

Housing association, so maintenance not in my control. Was recently serviced anyhow.
System pressure in spec. Condensate pipe too high for me to check, but think it's OK. Boiler will do nothing now without blowing its fuse, so something fairly terminal, I think.

D

Deleted member 26715

Hope you get it sorted, funnily enough this has reminded me that British Gas condemned our boiler on 10th December 2021 & we had the new one fitted on the 16th, so it's need of a service, or the man come round & sign the paperwork to say he has.

Top Bottom