Not a jot...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldredeyes

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
How much chance do you think of having the mrs dress up in this? Mind you if i saw a cyclist dressed like that it would certainly make the drivers more aware !

4154ZN+DY+L._SL300_.jpg

magnatom said:

+1, definitely a syrup, either that or the dodgiest hairstyle north of Hadrians Wall (and that's saying something :laugh: ).
And yes, absolute gold-star grade A top-league arrishole. The fact that he didn't seem to be able to comprehend that you were overtaking a slower cyclist speaks volumes for his awareness of what's in front of him.
I assume the horn was from the car in the lane behind you?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

lit said:
It's Mr Majeka (for those that remember that show)

mrmpub1.jpg

Spot on! :biggrin:

Beastie, I do wonder sometimes if I should sell the rights to my story. I'm sure it make a great comedy! :smile:

Fluffy said:
Ive watched all your videos mag, and the attitude of some drivers disturbs me.
Worryingly though it doesn't surprise me :biggrin:

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
HLaB said:
Worryingly though it doesn't surprise me :biggrin:

Thats very true, the other day I had some chavmobile pull out infront of me. He was too busy checking out the chavette on the other side of the road. To his credit he did say sorry and I was slowing down for a right turn but if I was at full pace I would have t-boned him. (He was turning right out of the junction into my path)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I half expected to see your leg come out and start kicking the hell out of his door when he said he didn't care about your existence on this earth!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Fluffy said:
Ive watched all your videos mag, and the attitude of some drivers disturbs me.

It is disturbing until you look at the numbers, i.e the numbers of interactions I have with drivers every day and every week. Thousands probably. Out of those thousands if I am having a bad week I might come across one or two idiots. So in reality the total idiots are rare (probably 0.1%) of all drivers.

I'm also not a 'sit back and let them away with it' type guy (shock horror:o). That doesn't mean I will chase after folk and rage at them (although some suggest I do), but I will make a comment to make sure the driver knows he upset another road user and I'll ask, why did you do that?. When I do that, 9 times out of 10 I'll get a acknowledgment/shrug or something fairly neutral. This chap is the 1 in 10.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

eldudino said:
I half expected to see your leg come out and start kicking the hell out of his door when he said he didn't care about your existence on this earth!

Luckily for me, that's not in my nature. Many, many years of judo (and the surrounding philosophy) have taught me never to be violent or to start a fight. If however, someone became violent or aggressive towards me......

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
That certainly was a suspiciously fine head of hair.

It's this sort of encounter that makes me hugely depressed. More so that the screamy shouty kind, where at least you can make the excuse that peoples' blood is up.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bollo said:
That certainly was a suspiciously fine head of hair.

It's this sort of encounter that makes me hugely depressed. More so that the screamy shouty kind, where at least you can make the excuse that peoples' blood is up.

I have a feeling that there was some bravado here and maybe an ounce or two of 'car kingdomness'. This is the sort of person I'd love to chat to face to face. I think the bravado cloak would soon drop to the floor.

Of course the very fact that they have this attitude in a car is the problem. :biggrin:

Top Bottom