Not a Military Vehicle , but if your ex military ..,.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
62F823A7-D6C0-4040-A2E2-CD68CC28988A.jpeg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
How old is that picture? The reg number does not appear to currently issued.

edit to add: Ah, never mind, it’s been altered from the original - 1230 NE.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I always think private plates are a wee bit desperate anyway but it looks even more desperate when they change the spacing and otherwise doctor it... theres a blacked out, clapped out "bad boy" budget MOT failure of a Mercedes near me, the plate is something like S**9 ECT. (It's hard to tell now, he's butchered it, moved letters together, put in silly white / black fake screw heads in strategic places to make it read "Suspect").

Underneath the number there's a line of tiny text... "They treat me as a suspect, so I bought the plate".

Erm, nearly, but not quite mate. Now it just makes you look like a cringe-o bargain basement level criminal wannabe. And everyone's sniggering as you drive around the local Morrisons. 😄

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
I'm not ex-military and I don't understand the significance of this car or number plate.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I'm not ex-military and I don't understand the significance of this car or number plate.
Military people are simple folk who cannot count to 4, so whilst doing drill they count 1,2,3 and then have to go back to 1 again. Mind you, that is better than sound technicians who can only get to 2. I am now trying to work out what a sound technician in the military does.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Military people are simple folk who cannot count to 4, so whilst doing drill they count 1,2,3 and then have to go back to 1 again. Mind you, that is better than sound technicians who can only get to 2. I am now trying to work out what a sound technician in the military does.

“Hello Callsign Milkfloat this is ozboz ,radio check , Over”

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
it’s been altered from the original - 1230 NE.
the plate is something like S**9 ECT. (It's hard to tell now, he's butchered it, moved letters together, put in silly white / black fake screw heads in strategic places to make it read "Suspect").
AFAIK moving the characters around (and using a different font which I have seen) is illegal. But the plod never enforce any rules. Maybe should be picked up as non compliant every MoT at least?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
AFAIK moving the characters around (and using a different font which I have seen) is illegal. But the plod never enforce any rules. Maybe should be picked up as non compliant every MoT at least?

It should be... but I've heard that many change to a compliant plate for the test and change it back straight after. Police don't bother with them, clearly.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

There are some traffic police accounts on Twitter which give regular examples of issuing fines for improperly displaying number plates as well as notifying DVLA. They could no doubt issue a lot more but I guess they have plenty other things to deal with too.

I know DVLA can recall the plate after three notifications of misuse. I’d like to see that dropped to two.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I used to have a Polish friend who was a sound technician. I had a Czech one too.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It should be... but I've heard that many change to a compliant plate for the test and change it back straight after. Police don't bother with them, clearly.
There are some traffic police accounts on Twitter which give regular examples of issuing fines for improperly displaying number plates as well as notifying DVLA. They could no doubt issue a lot more but I guess they have plenty other things to deal with too.

I know DVLA can recall the plate after three notifications of misuse. I’d like to see that dropped to two.
In the great scheme of traffic violations it's not a big deal really. It is the mindset of "I'll do as I wish" which is the problem. What else do these folks decide they do not need to comply with? :sad:

In the great scheme of traffic violations it's not a big deal really. It is the mindset of "I'll do as I wish" which is the problem. What else do these folks decide they do not need to comply with?

I know a guy with an adjusted number plate who got a ticket for it.
Mind you he did park on double yellow lines for three days while he went on a business trip to London. His excuse was that there was nowhere else to park, and his firm would pay the fine anyway. Think he was lucky not to have had his big Merc towed away.

Drago

Legendary Member
I always think private plates are a wee bit desperate anyway but it looks even more desperate when they change the spacing and otherwise doctor it... theres a blacked out, clapped out "bad boy" budget MOT failure of a Mercedes near me, the plate is something like S**9 ECT. (It's hard to tell now, he's butchered it, moved letters together, put in silly white / black fake screw heads in strategic places to make it read "Suspect").

Underneath the number there's a line of tiny text... "They treat me as a suspect, so I bought the plate".

Erm, nearly, but not quite mate. Now it just makes you look like a cringe-o bargain basement level criminal wannabe. And everyone's sniggering as you drive around the local Morrisons. 😄
Private plates are fantastic, the cherry on top for those of us with £45,000 luxury SUV's. I'm proud to display a GON4D.

Top Bottom