Not all BMW drivers are bad...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
hey i drive a 320d as well ,i think cycling and driving gives u a good appreciation of both sides of the argument

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
Close passes are in my experience, mainly carried out by drivers in small cars. They seem to think a small car can eke its way past where a bigger car would not.
Haven't really made a study of the size of the cars (or whether they are BMW's for that matter) but have noticed that most of my close passes are by silver cars. Has anyone else noticed this?

I think it's genetic. We all carry the D***head gene but for some it's activated by driving an overpriced German car (in my experience it works for Audi drivers too). Consequently there are some BMW/Audi drivers who are grand but I ask you, is it worth the risk?

My closest pass today was by a bloody great red Ferrari! To be fair to the penis-envy-afflicted driver, the car was so wide he managed to nearly force me off the road and a car coming the other way. Bless.

Purely from observation and mainly when driving but when I see a newish Vauxhall in my mirror it usually means they are going to be flooring it, oh and I drive a BMW. Coming back from Cambridge at the weekend I was almost the slowest car on the A1 at just over 70mph, seems I've got my sums wrong, driving fast saves fuel because you get there quicker :wacko:

Because you can.

I can cycle to work wearing a tutu but I don't. (Often).

But no-one has assumed that you have penis envy.

I suspect inverse jealousy going on.

Maybe but probably not. It was a huge red Ferrari!! - that's the motoring equivalent of a Freudian cry for help. Any half-competent psychoanalyst could make a decent career out of uncovering why someone who has to spend their time on Northern Irish roads (freeways they are not) would want something that phallic to get around in. I do have penis-envy though.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Had a nice commuting moment on Friday evening on the way home. (Yes I know it was 4 days ago!)
A nice sunny day (which turned out to be a lovely weekend) and I was making good time. The last 1 mile stretch of my commute consists of 0.5ish mile of long uphill climb. I tend to 'give-this-hill- the-beans' as it is a good work out, and put as much effort in to climb it.

I had a BMW 5 Series following at the approach to the hill and he remained behind me, at a decent distance all the way up the hill.
At the top I got a thank you hand gesture, which I assumed he was doing to show sign of appreciation for my hill climbing effort. Thanked him back and he passed nice and safe and we both went on our jolly way. Happy days; thank you Mr. BMW man.
Are you Sure it was a bmw,^_^

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting

400bhp

Guru
Maybe but probably not. It was a huge red Ferrari!! - that's the motoring equivalent of a Freudian cry for help. Any half-competent psychoanalyst could make a decent career out of uncovering why someone who has to spend their time on Northern Irish roads (freeways they are not) would want something that phallic to get around in. I do have penis-envy though.

So anyone who owns a ferrari in Northern Ireland is like that. Well done sir.

Top Bottom