Not all BMW drivers are bad...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akb

Veteran
Had a nice commuting moment on Friday evening on the way home. (Yes I know it was 4 days ago!)
A nice sunny day (which turned out to be a lovely weekend) and I was making good time. The last 1 mile stretch of my commute consists of 0.5ish mile of long uphill climb. I tend to 'give-this-hill- the-beans' as it is a good work out, and put as much effort in to climb it.

I had a BMW 5 Series following at the approach to the hill and he remained behind me, at a decent distance all the way up the hill.
At the top I got a thank you hand gesture, which I assumed he was doing to show sign of appreciation for my hill climbing effort. Thanked him back and he passed nice and safe and we both went on our jolly way. Happy days; thank you Mr. BMW man.

Some of us are cyclists too :hugs:

Reactions: akb

Moodyman

Legendary Member
No surprise there. The 5 Series is the gentleman's beemer.

It's those 3, 1 and Z series owners you need to look out for.:whistle:

Reactions: akb

Michaelt

Especially black 3 series' like mine!! I always give cyclist loads of room whenever I am driving, and have been known to fall back behind, much to the annoyance of other motorists!!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Especially black 3 series' like mine!! I always give cyclist loads of room whenever I am driving, and have been known to fall back behind, much to the annoyance of other motorists!!

Is the disappointment derived from you holding them up or because you're not living up to your (perceived) reputation of an ass?:boxing:

lejogger

Guru
No surprise there. The 5 Series is the gentleman's beemer.

It's those 3, 1 and Z series owners you need to look out for.:whistle:

Don't forget the X series... There's something about distinctly unnerving about large, heavy off-road vehicles that are as powerful as, and driven like sports performance cars. 4x4s are probably the most guilty of all types for the close passes I experience.

Musta been nicked by a normal driver ;)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Close passes are in my experience, mainly carried out by drivers in small cars. They seem to think a small car can eke its way past where a bigger car would not.

Top Bottom