1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not all Teams are Bling Bling

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by mondobongo, 24 Feb 2008.

1. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

In a sport that at times is obsessed with kit be you a Pro or Sunday Clubman its nice to see that not everyone is blinged up and for some it truly is the taking part that matters. Gallery from the Tour of Langkawi

Hope the link opens for you Keith.

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The link opened fine thanks, mondobongo. As you say not everyone is using the latest and fanciest equipment but they are keen and mostly good. I race with some of the members of the club I'm with in Manila and believe me some of the bikes are showing age as well as wear and tear, but the riders are so dedicated to the sport that it's a pleasure to go out with them!!!!!!!!!

3. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

In what is an increasingly materialistic world its nice too see.

4. Rob S

Rob S New Member

May explain the news that Half**ds is sponsoring the British track cycling team!!!:blush:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=/photos/2008/tech/news/03-24/Halfords_bcPhSpt

I hope that just means a logo rather than equipment supplier....we don't want to see Victoria riding a full suspension Apollo in the Keirin!!!!

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Even if she was, she'd still beat most of us...........well me anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. walker

walker New Member

as far as I know Terry Dolan Still supplies the track bike's for the BC team