Not another 'Come on England' Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Am I the only one who would take delight in seeing Ing-er-lund not make it out of the group stage, so the whole tedious saturation coverage can come to an end.:biggrin:

For this evening Mrs VC and I have a recording of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' a nice Rioja and a box of chocs so we can ignore the whole thing.:smile:

darkstar

There have been more threads on these boards against England, than supporting them for gods sake. Please give up this boring 'I hate football so therefore want it all to go away' attitude, too many people are spouting this bollocks. Fine get on with your life, but don't bother coming into the 'World cup' section of the forums, actively searching for a opportunity to moan. Same goes to comedypilot, he seems to post about nothing else but, 'ABE'...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Actually, to be fair to Velvet Curtain, he originally posted it in the Cafe. I saw the heading and moved it to the World Cup section thinking it was a supporting England thread.

OP
OP
T

TVC

I didn't, it got moved here... I don't normally visit this sub forum because I have no interest.

And I reserve the right to spout as much Bollocks as you;)

darkstar

OK sorry, I just get annoyed with the whole against England thing, I'm not massively into football but am proud to support England, no matter what the sport.

And I don't think you can rival the amount of bollocks i spout, keep trying though :biggrin:

OP
OP
T

TVC

Fair enough Darkstar, for me it's not an anti England thing, more to do with the amount of time the media and advertisers take up with football.

So best leave this thread alone now as it's clearly not sitting where I intended it to be.

What sport do you like Tennis?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The Velvet Curtain said:
Am I the only one who would take delight in seeing Ing-er-lund not make it out of the group stage, so the whole tedious saturation coverage can come to an end.:biggrin:

For this evening Mrs VC and I have a recording of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' a nice Rioja and a box of chocs so we can ignore the whole thing.:smile:

+1

I am working my way through Band of Brothers, a can of John Smiths and a bag of Quavers.

potsy

Rambler
I like my football although not as much as maybe 5-10 years ago when I used to go to games regularly,but I too am really bored with the amount of footie related stuff-adverts etc,I just want to watch the games and that's it,all the waffle that goes with it is just tedius.All IMO of course:biggrin:

darkstar

ComedyPilot said:
Nope.

Skiing, skydiving, motorbikes, surfing, paragliding, gliding, climbing, kayaking.

Pursuits that people tend to shy away from as being 'dangerous'

HAHA! what do you mean people shy away from them? They are al extremely popular sports, really not very dangerous.

Top Bottom