Not been on for a while...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuarttunstall

Hi all...

Hope you are all well and staying safe in these difficult times...

I have not logged in for a while although I have been looking..

Some of you may remember I purchased my bike a couple or years ago (that went quick) to supplement my exercise at the gym 4 times a week by riding around the country lanes in the village I live...

This was to not only loose weight, which I have now dropped 4 stone in the last two and half years and 10 stone overall (and damn do I feel better) but to keep my Type 2 diabetes under control which I am determined I will have no medication for :smile: take 4 tablets don't want another..

So far I have done about 1500 miles on the bike and love it.... after 40 years best thing I did for weekend exercise..

Now the gyms are shut I need to do what I can... so last week I was off all week from work, I have done 14 miles each day since last Saturday, so 120 miles for the week.. and loved every minute... out at 6.30am, been dry (at last), cold and most days not too windy...

Yesterday I had the news that as off Monday I am now furloughed from work for the near future, so even more out on the bike to keep me health... so I may be on here more often again...

Stuart

Globalti

Legendary Member
Welcome. Join in the banter.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Thank you...

Now I start the furlough leave tomorrow I will have plenty of time lol... although jobs to do around the house as well, but bike each morning, weather permitting :smile:

I think I was conned into the furlough leave, not really happy about it, was working from home, have loads to do, and originally it was the whole team of 4, funny how my boss and one other all of a sudden kept there jobs....

Not even sure I will go back now when things get better, I have my HGV class 1 and at the age of 55 decided last year the motor trade is no longer for me after working in it all my life so far, not what it was, so I did all the driver CPC courses, got the qualification card so I am legal to drive now, renewed my HGV again which I have had since I was 21 and did a driving refresher to make sure after 30 years I could still drive an artic... all went well, was even offered a job before Christmas so may see if that is still on the cards once stuff settles...

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

I had a good incentive when I started to loose it, the doctor told me "loose it or die, those are your two choices" seemed to have the desired effect lol ...

I have been working from home, and have loads I could be doing but they decided to put me on furlough leave from today, there loss, i can get out on the bike each morning and do me some good... looking at the Wahoo ELMNT, not only do I do 14 miles each day I burn between 400-500 calories... better for me than sitting on a computer lol ...

Although the way the company have done this does not seem right to me...

Top Bottom