Not bike gear but please help - clothes maiden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am sure you lot are a resourceful bunch who will point me straight to the item I am looking for so here goes...

When me and my (now) wife set up our first house back in 1993 we bought a clothes maiden/airer and it has served us well but time is starting to take it's toll and it is fast losing it's plastic coating to reveal the rusty metal underneath and some of the welds are broke.

I have been on the lookout for a replacement for the last 2-3 years but just can't see a similar one anywhere. There are lots of the scissor type and the sort that are vertical panels hinged along the vertical edges but I want one with wings and I am looking for an impressive span!!!

This is the current one .

maiden.jpg

I just don't see the point of the sort that hang the clothes above each other so they overlap, it just means everything takes ages to dry. Any ideas, I have looked in supermarkets, wilkinsons, argos and even ebay/internet but with no luck.

Cheers, Steve

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Try searching for clothes airer wing...

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Typical, I have been made to look like a completely incapable amatuer. I consider myself to be a reasonable googler but just didn't hit the right search terms. A big thanks to Jo, that should put me on the right track. :rolleyes:

:laugh: but I bet you can pump up your tyres without breaking the valve :blush:

Top Bottom