not for me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Much too cold for me to go out riding. Have not been on bike for one week now. Did 160 miles in January but doesn't like I will match it or better it this month . Roll on warmer weather!

Blue

Legendary Member
Have you tried an indoor turbo trainer - good for keeping the legs spinning.

Blue

Legendary Member
I don't have one and can't afford to buy one.
That's a pity.
Cycling gear can be very expensive - I'm a pensioner and I too find it impossible to buy some of the gear I want. I've actually reverted to a childhood habit of using a money-box to save for cycling stuff - it works, although I have to wait a while before saving enough to make each purchase!!

Bicycle

I had to (wanted to) cross some hilly country by car today. Grip was marginal.

Along the way I saw a motorcycle in the snowy bit of the middle of a carriageway (best option if you have to be out) and its front wheel did a little shimmy at about 20mph. Good riding, but utterly terrifying to watch.

I also saw a 740 estate with a caravan losing its rear traction on a hilly bend and almost jack-knifing (albeit at about 5mph).

Later saw an MX5 with about four people pushing and leaning on it to try to give it some traction at a slippery,uphill junction.

Some things are just not meant to be.

I didn't see a single cyclist out today. Quite bloody right, too. I blame David Cameron.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Plus one for the turbo, but if you haven't got one, just exercise the legs a bit, just so they're kept ready to go when the weather brightens up.

snorri

Legendary Member
walk up and down stairs 10 times, then do the same again and take two steps at a time, then again and take three steps at a time, then another 10 on each step ...who needs turbo trainers
I've just been perusing the For Sale columns and discovered they don't come cheap these houses with an upstairs.:sad:

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Must admit to hiding in the gym on a couple days this cold snap.
Really don't like the gym bike saddle and the dumph dumph music can get annoying, yep I'm getting old :smile:

Top Bottom