(NOT) Funny video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
This is me on my way home, notice the motorised bike ahead....I try and keep up, and then

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Cycle cams have a lot to answer for.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

It's a two stroke petrol bicycle - and it was gurgling away at the lights (two stroke noise), so I try and chase it down, but I fail, then towards the end of the clip, you see the same motorised bike at the side of the road.
Yes, another dull video. But for me it was quite funny (you had to be there bla bla bla)

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

The yellow rider is my colleague who is taking his turn at the front, we swap a couple of times on our commute. I was not scalped!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
OK, as retribution for me watching a dull vid: two riders pass the line of stopped cars so close that they'd be taken out by a door opening, even though there's nothing oncoming, then stop in the "KEEP CLEAR" marking for no good reason (there's space alongside the first cycle). The yellow rider's road position seems a bit better than the assisted cycle or @Rooster1, but really everyone seems to be riding a bit close to the edge on a road that is too narrow for an same-lane overtake. :sad: Maybe the camera lens is distorting distances and misleading me. ;)

Also difficult to tell from the camera angle but I hate cyclists near my back wheel.

OK, as retribution for me watching a dull vid: two riders pass the line of stopped cars so close that they'd be taken out by a door opening, even though there's nothing oncoming, then stop in the "KEEP CLEAR" marking for no good reason (there's space alongside the first cycle). The yellow rider's road position seems a bit better than the assisted cycle or @Rooster1, but really everyone seems to be riding a bit close to the edge on a road that is too narrow for an same-lane overtake. :sad: Maybe the camera lens is distorting distances and misleading me. ;)

I'd say the probability of a door being opened in the video is minimal, as you'd be opening the door and getting out into the path of on-coming traffic - another good reason to filter down the outside of traffic. I think it's harsh regarding the 'KEEP CLEAR' road markings, I'm sure if traffic was to emerge from what looks to be some sort of cottage the OP and the others would have moved. I cannot fault the position of the cyclists as well at the red light. I like to start just behind or in front (if I'm there already) to see what the other cyclists are going to do.

Also difficult to tell from the camera angle but I hate cyclists near my back wheel.
So do I and I thought when viewing the video but it's the OP's mate so all is good I'd presume.

Top Bottom