Not sure if this goes here but- what’s the rarity of my bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyLovesBikes338

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like a US model. Are you in the States?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks to from around '96/99. Unusual as it's Cro-mo rather than aluminium frame.
Street price seems to be around $140.
Do you believe it to be rare?

weareHKR

Not particularly rare, probably bought from Wall Mart...:smile:

it says 6061 aluminium on the photo above...
Steel bikes built to look like aluminiumium ones are the devil's spawn. This looks alu and is alu so is fine.
Rarity is not an issue with mid-low range, proper bike brand models.

Raleigh has made some fine and rare bikes in the Nottingham UK factory special products division.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Steel bikes built to look like aluminium ones are the devil's spawn. This looks alu and is alu so is fine..........

Raleigh has made some fine and rare bikes in the Nottingham UK factory special products division.

Yes, I know the formula. Fat tubes made of hi-tensile steel. Results in a very stiff but heavy frame. Common on BSO and just above BSO quality MTB's. A really dumb marketing fashion aimed squarely at the most unsophisticated buyers.

Raleigh's high quality steel tubeset production bikes were the equal of many other smaller builders, IMHO. The SBDU stuff was on another level again, very nice indeed. Given their unmatched engineering facilities, Raleighs were probably more accurately and consistently made than a lot of the backyard producers. My 531 Raleighs are always ridden with pride.

Top Bottom