Not sure what's up with me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I get dizzy a lot when i stand up, to the point where i have to hold onto something for a few moments
I get that too, and I have a healthy blood pressure and a fairly low resting heart rate. I have had it since I was about 14.
Do you also get a weird clicking noise when you wake up sometimes? I'm convinced it's some kind of blood turbulence in the neck. Humans really could be plumbed better.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I get dizzy a lot when i stand up, to the point where i have to hold onto something for a few moments
Shortly after last orders perchance?

reacher

No clicking noise, I do know my blood pressure is exceptionally good so is my daughters and she gets the same dizziness when standing up quickly, I did have a load of tests last year due to my age and they all came back ok

vickster

Legendary Member
No clicking noise, I do know my blood pressure is exceptionally good so is my daughters and she gets the same dizziness when standing up quickly, I did have a load of tests last year due to my age and they all came back ok
Good as in low...that will possibly be why. Google posterior hypotension

Are you also tall? Will feel low bp more acutely when standing my GP told me

reacher

Yes its pretty low, not tall about 5' 8", definately linked to training hard for me, it gets more frequent and severe the harder i train

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I get that too, and I have a healthy blood pressure and a fairly low resting heart rate. I have had it since I was about 14.
Do you also get a weird clicking noise when you wake up sometimes? I'm convinced it's some kind of blood turbulence in the neck. Humans really could be plumbed better.
I get a dizzy for a few seconds after i touch my toes for any length of time, 52 resting pulse rate according to works medical i had the other day 124/76 BP, irregular ecg though no gap between s and t wave whatever that means .

gaijintendo

Veteran
I get a dizzy for a few seconds after i touch my toes for any length of time, 52 resting pulse rate according to works medical i had the other day 124/76 BP, irregular ecg though no gap between s and t wave whatever that means .
I was expecting them to find an H and an I between my S and T, but after a log trace for a couple of days, they seemed happy enough with me. Could it be we are all weak brained, and therefore we get dizzy?

reacher

Not a lot you can do unless there's a medical reason. Stay hydrated, stand up slowly, stay off steroids ;)

I can't say it's something I'v ever worried about or given much thought to to be honest, if I was overweight or unfit I maybe would

reacher

As earlier, sort out the diet, if your not getting the basics right then your going to struggle with training, I don't understand this constant need to measure performance either, training should have phases. Yes, age will be a factor which is why diet and weight is important and you will need to train smarter, not just keep expecting to perform at a constant level regardless of physical condition and your job requirements

Levo-Lon

Guru
Im 51
I get the odd dizzy spell and fatigue from time to time,especially in hot weather.

My mot was brilliant.
But i have B12 injections and a auto imune condition.
See you GP and have a full blood count to check your running properly
Your most likely fighting a poxy virus as they can take ages to finally sod off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What he says ^

Get full bloods done and ask for a print out as some values can be just in range but you can do something about them to get middle of range. Solved my loss of energy and now on meds.

Top Bottom