Not sure which to take

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lulubel

Über Member
Because I'm now struggling to lose the last 1-1.5 stone I want to. I've stepped up my cardio and my cals are lower and I wanted some extra help.

I'm not slamming supplements here (before you assume I am) - I use a protein supplement myself - however, if your weight loss has slowed, increasing cardio and cutting food intake further (thereby increasing your calorie deficit) is not the answer. The answer is to reduce your calorie deficit by eating more.

Bodies are funny things. They respond best when you're subtle and "trick" them into doing what you want. Create a big calorie deficit and you'll trigger a warning to your physiological system that there's a famine starting, with the result that your body will hang on to every possible ounce of fat. Create a small calorie deficit and you won't trigger that warning, and your weight will keep going down.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm not slamming supplements here (before you assume I am) - I use a protein supplement myself - however, if your weight loss has slowed, increasing cardio and cutting food intake further (thereby increasing your calorie deficit) is not the answer. The answer is to reduce your calorie deficit by eating more.
Ultimately supplements are a bad thing if you have no real requirement for them and most deserve to be slammed. The OP in this case clearly has no need for most if not all of them (maybe at a push a multivit / omega 369 cap would be acceptable practice)

To show that you can lose weight shows that you have done something right but it comes down to simple maths again. Upping activity and lowering intake cannot be done - you can't expect your car to do 500 miles on 400miles worth of diesel, it'll cough and splurt to a stop. But to make such a drastic change then immediately turn to supplements really is a poor choice doomed to failure. Nobody seems to consider what happens when your last £14.99 per month supply runs out. (it'll all go back on again!)

Bodies are funny things. They respond best when you're subtle and "trick" them into doing what you want. Create a big calorie deficit and you'll trigger a warning to your physiological system that there's a famine starting, with the result that your body will hang on to every possible ounce of fat. Create a small calorie deficit and you won't trigger that warning, and your weight will keep going down.
:cheers:

Top Bottom