Not sure which to take

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I havent tried squats yet ive been doing leg presses, is there much difference ?

Drago

Legendary Member
I havent tried squats yet ive been doing leg presses, is there much difference ?
Fundamentally, no. Squats are better as ultimately you can shift more weight and the extra work you managing the balance gives a secondary workout to a wide range of muscles. My best is 640lbs, which I thought was great til I discovered that's barely half the World record.

What is your favourite sub-genre of metal for listening too whilst squating? Bro-core?
Had worked my way though QOTSA catalogue. If the Doc green lights me to get back to it I've got all 5 SOAD albums on stand by for a good sweat.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Fundamentally, no. Squats are better as ultimately you can shift more weight and the extra work you managing the balance gives a secondary workout to a wide range of muscles. My best is 640lbs, which I thought was great til I discovered that's barely half the World record.

Had worked my way though QOTSA catalogue. If the Doc green lights me to get back to it I've got all 5 SOAD albums on stand by for a good sweat.

I believe my gf's brother may hold the junior world record for squating, or maybe that is deadlift. Edit: It is both, plus world record for combined squat, deadlift and benchpress. Along with a load of British records.

I recon you should whack some Emmure on and then scream "I am going to MAX MY PUMP" while stomping around trying to look mean!

Drago

Legendary Member
My regular training partner is into his 1980's hair-band lightweight heavy metal. Practicing my clean to Europe just is isnt quite the same somehow.

Sum 41s Half Hour of Power is one of my favourite workout albums.

We have a laugh as well. About a year ago 3 or 4 of us were training in the gym at work. Towards the end of our workout a female officer we know cane in and started on a bit if cardio. We had MTV on and Yello's "Oh Yeah" came on, the Duff Man theme. We instantly started posing, Stay Hungry style in time with the music. Let me tell you, I never thought it was possible to crash an exercise bike but she laughed so much she somehow managed it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Have to agree with drago on the training ,
Their are to many variables with regards body type, what you want etc to go into a detailed training program over the internet.
I was a gym instructor but its been nearly 20 years since i did it full time so a lot of time and change has happened and these days i can only give general pointers.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My regular training partner is into his 1980's hair-band lightweight heavy metal. Practicing my clean to Europe just is isnt quite the same somehow.

Sum 41s Half Hour of Power is one of my favourite workout albums.

We have a laugh as well. About a year ago 3 or 4 of us were training in the gym at work. Towards the end of our workout a female officer we know cane in and started on a bit if cardio. We had MTV on and Yello's "Oh Yeah" came on, the Duff Man theme. We instantly started posing, Stay Hungry style in time with the music. Let me tell you, I never thought it was possible to crash an exercise bike but she laughed so much she somehow managed it.

You just voided all of your training effort!

Drago

Legendary Member
Sorry Andy, just re read this on a bigger screen and you think ENDOmorph? My bad.

Cardio is especially important in this scenario so keep the bike riding going, watch your diet in accordance with your current size, activity and weight loss goals.

You may find it easier to bulk on lean muscle mass, so shorter sets in the 7-10 rep range but with a greater weight may suit you better.

Very simplistic, but if you are endo I reckon not too far off beam. But you know yourself better than I do so do some research.

Once you're into it a bit and you're targeting specific body parts or muscle groups then we'll speak again.

And to answer your original question I use Matrix Or Gorilla whey, about 1 gram for every kg if body weight daily. While youre still in the weight loss phase id advise half that amount as it will bectricyvto accurately assess a beneficial portion, and any excess will just be wasted. As a rough guide, the crappier it tastes the less sugar it has and the better it will be.

I also use L-Glutamine, but I don't use creatine.

Good luck feller. You've made some impressive weight loss 'gains' and its natural you'll now want to sculpt yourself just a little.

Top Bottom