Not wearing shoes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I was furloughed from start of lockdown and spent most of first month or so gardening (wearing Crocs). 4 weeks ago I dislocated my elbow and have hardly been out.
I'm now starting to go out but have found most of my shoes are quite tight and uncomfortable. I think my feet may have spread (I have wide feet anyway) so think I could do with wearing shoes indoors.
Has anyone else had this problem. 4 1/2 weeks ONLY wearing Crocs and sandals and feet have spread? Is this really possible?
I did start getting rough skin on feet due to having bare feet.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I was furloughed from start of lockdown and spent most of first month or so gardening (wearing Crocs). 4 weeks ago I dislocated my elbow and have hardly been out.
I'm now starting to go out but have found most of my shoes are quite tight and uncomfortable. I think my feet may have spread (I have wide feet anyway) so think I could do with wearing shoes indoors.
Has anyone else had this problem. 4 1/2 weeks ONLY wearing Crocs and sandals and feet have spread? Is this really possible?
I did start getting rough skin on feet due to having bare feet.
I wear trainers constantly and am sure my feet have got a lot wider over the years too.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Feet expand in warm weather.

Plus your shoes will have shrunk slightly. Shoes are made out of materials with elasticity, so they expand to fit your feet. If you don't wear them for a while, the materials shrink to return to their normal state.

Kryton521

Über Member
It's actually true. Shoes bind our feet, why you should buy shoes late in the day as possible.
And not wearing shoes for a decent period yes, your feet do "spread" as the bones and muscle adapts

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’m not surprised, have you ever looked at a crocs feet.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Feet expand in warm weather.

Plus your shoes will have shrunk slightly. Shoes are made out of materials with elasticity, so they expand to fit your feet. If you don't wear them for a while, the materials shrink to return to their normal state.

I've found the same thing with motorcycle leathers. I'd returned to motorcycling after a 20 year gap and they'd shrunk so much I had to buy a new set

Drago

Legendary Member
I think it is possible. Since I stopped wearing shoes or Swat 5:11 tactical boots every day I've been wearing sandals or trainers. When j have to wear conventional footwear again it does seem rather tight and constrictive.

Top Bottom