Note to self!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarryG

Made the mistake earlier in the year of buying a bike from a certain supermarket with a green logo.

Assembled the bmx last night, thinking it would just be a stock budget bmx like what the LBS would supply.

How wrong was I, where to start. The stem is no thicker than my finger, the handlebars connect to the stem as on the old raleigh twenty, but with about 1/5th of the metal and it's definitely not steel.

As for the rims well the look like tin. I think they would fold if my daughter hit a kerb hard with it.

So today I have visited a LBS and purchased a budget bike, which appears to have a build quality that looks 10 x better.

classic33

Leg End Member
Return as not fit for purpose.

OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

Bought it about 6 months ago and can't locate the receipt at the moment.

It would probably have been ok for just riding up and down the road, but she likes a ride at Delamere forest and is also getting a small ramp.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Credit card bill or debit card statement?

Details of the transaction should be retrievable online.

Whether Asda will refund after six months is another question.

You can reasonably say you put the bike away for Christmas, but I believe there are deadlines for 'change of mind' purchases.

A fit for purpose argument could be difficult because you've not used it.

screenman

Legendary Member
I doubt if approached nicely that Asda would not act correctly.

If it is possible to ride to some degree is that not fit for purpose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GarryG

GarryG

It should have been £69, but the were down to the last two, so I only paid £50.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry to hear what's happened. Id try contacting them, after all if you don't ask you'll never know if they will do something about it. Good luck

screenman

Legendary Member
When buying something cheap I do a little bit of maths, bit like.

Retail price £50
Shop margin. £10
Supplier margin £5
Transport cost. £5
Misc. £5

Now what can be made for £25 ? I use this method on many items, not sure it works though.^_^

Top Bottom