Notebook computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I've got a Samsung N110 recently. its the upgrade from the NC10 with slightly longer battery life.
Can be had from Dixons for £330ish if you use the readily available discount code

MarkF

Guru
I had an 701 EEE and it was superb, it took 2 years of abuse and was like new when I sold it. If it'd have had a bigger screen and then I would have kept it.

Constantly shifting to view full webpages drove me crackers, I gave in and bought the Samsung NC10, If the shifting doesn't bother you then an EEE in excellent used condition can be had for £100 and that is great value.

Mark_C

I have an EeePC 701 but when I cycled across France recently I took my newly acquired iPod touch (similar to an iPhone, without the phone). In spite of my prejudice against anything beginning with "i" it worked so well that I have started taking it with me on business trips instead of my full-sized notebook. Believe it or not, I actually find it easier than the EeePC to use with LogMeIn when remotely accessing my PC at home.

If you can afford an iPhone 3Gs, you will have phone, GPS, camera and computer all-in-one, and in a very rugged and compact form. Ideal for cycle touring.

Darryl

my eee pc 901 linux is still working fine after a couple of days rattling over canal paths, bridleways and assorted tracks and with a 3G dongle I can boast about it from where-ever I am

andym

Über Member
Mark_C said:
I have an EeePC 701 but when I cycled across France recently I took my newly acquired iPod touch (similar to an iPhone, without the phone). In spite of my prejudice against anything beginning with "i" it worked so well that I have started taking it with me on business trips instead of my full-sized notebook. Believe it or not, I actually find it easier than the EeePC to use with LogMeIn when remotely accessing my PC at home.

If you can afford an iPhone 3Gs, you will have phone, GPS, camera and computer all-in-one, and in a very rugged and compact form. Ideal for cycle touring.

I love my iTouch but it's a b*stard to type anything beyond a couple of words - though landscape mode may make it a bit easier (maybe I've got stumpy fingers). Also it doesn't have an SD card slot which is a disadvantage if you want to edit/download photos.

Now if only the rumours about an iTouch with a bigger screen were true...

zaid

Working for the local college I've purchased 100's of EEE Pc's and Acer Apire one's over the last year or so.

Both are pretty good and good value for money. The Acer's will even run Mac OSX (if you swap the internal WiFi card for a Dell one @5.99).

BTW Jay, the replacement screen is only £45 and pretty easy to replace.

tsronaldo

Hi all, I am a new member of forum

pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnel en ligne

ch3

I just bought the Samsung N110 and I am very happy with it. The battery lasts for ever and the specs are more than enought for a netbook.
I am using it for my visit in Berlin at the moment, but I am planning to take it on my long touring as well. I am sure I will regret carrying this extra kilo and a half sometime while going uphills, but I thought that's one of the things I dont want to miss about home.
On a similar topic, is wifi poppular in the countryside of France? I am not expecting to find any in the middle of nowhere, but what about cafes, camp sites and restaurant in villages etc?

andym

Über Member
ch3 said:
On a similar topic, is wifi poppular in the countryside of France? I am not expecting to find any in the middle of nowhere, but what about cafes, camp sites and restaurant in villages etc?

It seems to be becoming more popular with campsites and hotels, but I suspect it's probably still more of an urban thing.

Top Bottom