Nothing Better Than ICE.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cullin

Über Member
I managed to snap the flag connector on my ICE Q, I dropped an e-mail to The ICE Men on Saturday to find I then received the replacement on Wednesday.
From the postage information on the packet, it looks like it was flown from Truro via Exeter Airport to the East Midlands Airport...
How cool is that (pun intended). I want to go on, but what more can you say...... Buy ICE Please !!!

Thank You all at ICE.

3tyretrackterry

welcome back Bill
you not posted for a while where you been

OP
OP
Cullin

Cullin

Über Member
Hi, Sorry about my absence, Mrs. C wanted a bike/trike free holiday, so we have been away camping and walking.
I was going to contact you for another ride, but did not know when we would be back.
Shot out on the trike the minute we got back, went a big loop round Derbyshire, managed 80 miles, then yesterday loop up round Newark and down the other side of the A46.. 60 miles, I was only going to do 20 or 30, but the Sun was out and my legs kept spinning the pedals.
Back to work on Monday, suppose that's it till Christmas.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cullin said:
I managed to snap the flag connector on my ICE Q, I dropped an e-mail to The ICE Men on Saturday to find I then received the replacement on Wednesday.
From the postage information on the packet, it looks like it was flown from Truro via Exeter Airport to the East Midlands Airport...
How cool is that (pun intended). I want to go on, but what more can you say...... Buy ICE Please !!!

Thank You all at ICE.

One of our party snapped an axle. In France. He called ICE, and after a single day of him sitting out the ride in the broom wagon, the replacement was delivered to our destination hotel for the next day.

A lot of companies could learn from them...

The fun was drilling out the old snapped off part still in the hub with a borrowed Black and Decker and a bit made of cheese metal.

byegad

Legendary Member
And wait until you see next year's models. I was lucky enough to see an example in a sneak preview. While I'm sworn to secrecy re the details, I can say the one I saw it is beautiful and the new fold is amazing.

itself

I love the boys in Cornwall, at ICE. I have an ICE X2 that they help me get set up, as I purchased it used. Their bikes are nothing short of brillant.

From the paint to the components, I truly believe that ICE makes the finest recumbents, period. No cheap parts, and the designs are well thought out.

Here in the States, we worship ICE...

Lisa :biggrin:

trickletreat

Veteran
I took the opportunity to visit ICE last week while visiting Cornwall. It was good to meet Neil and Chris having spoken to them on the phone. I was able to compare several of the current models, and the future Vortex. Great advice and tour, plus some other ideas for transporting my daughter.
The new folding mech. is good and will allow me to fold the trike with hub motor in place, so a real bonus. The surprise for me was how well the hard seat fitted.
Nice to see that they wanted to support Kevin at Dtek, where I purchased the Thorax Sinus and first tried the Q.
BIG downside to the visit...I want a new trike!
As Kevin is happy to buy back the Thorax, at minimal loss to me, I think a custom Vortex is on my radar for the new year.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well ICE have been completely brill to me recently.

I realised that the bearing on my lhs front wheel was a bit rough. I phoned them up to buy a replacement and they sent them (two, as it turned out) free as it's a part which shouldn't wear.

Then about a month later I finally diagnosed what had been causing an erratic squeak at the rear of the bike. I initially had thought it was the mesh of the seat, or the elastomer, eventually realising it was the swing arm suspension hinge, but not what was causing it. A good inspection showed that there was play from side to side with the swing-arm. I phoned ICE and they diagnosed worn bushes and sent me some more, free of charge.

The LBS tried to get the old ones out to no avail. We phoned ICE again and they said that occasionally they can corrode and that if we sent the suspension section to them they would sort it out for them. As some of you know, I'm on a challenge to cycle 12,000 miles this year and my husband's trike is out on loan so I don't have a spare; I said to ICE I couldn't do without my trike for 5 days as I use it daily so they sent me a complete new rear half of the trike, which arrived a couple of days ago. The LBS have fitted it and it's lovely and quiet (and shiny!) What they sent me is presumably what one buys for £350 if one wants the suspension on a pre-suspension ICE.

I shall send them the old one back as requested so they can see how it has fared - I think I'm one of the high mileage users so am a useful source of testing on various parts. But I am really pleased by their excellent service. The trikes may be expensive to buy and to buy extra parts for but the quality of service is just fab.

byegad said:
And wait until you see next year's models. I was lucky enough to see an example in a sneak preview. While I'm sworn to secrecy re the details, I can say the one I saw it is beautiful and the new fold is amazing.

Trice Vortex?

IMG_1344.jpg

jabernowl

New member hear, any news about when Ice is going to offer there new models for sale?
and when they do will there be a chance to buy remaining old models on sale? Front wheel suspension on a 2009 model? how much and how easy to retrofit? Norm

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Just resurrecting this thread as once again ICE have been utterly brilliant.

A mysterious problem with the cassette on my rear wheel 2008 Trice Q had me and the excellent local bike shop scratching their heads. After a couple of calls to ICE, they suggested I send the wheel in to them, which I did yesterday afternoon.

It was dispatched back to me at midday today and they emailed a long explanation of what was wrong. They've replaced a complete new freehub body, black retainer and axle spacer. When I replied to ask how much I needed to pay them, the response was: "No charge for the freehub. We've learned a little bit about how the hubs wear, and you get back on the road... seems a fair trade."

There have been a number of occasions when I've had odd issues with my Trice, almost always related to me doing vast mileages on it in all weathers. They are always helpful on the phone and have sent me a number of replacement parts free of charge (I have also bought some parts when it's something that regular wear and tear covers). I was just saying to my husband that when I buy another trike, I would always go for something by ICE as their customer service is the best that I have experienced anywhere - not just for bikes but for anything. Three cheers for ICE!

trickletreat

Veteran
Auntie Helen said:
Just resurrecting this thread as once again ICE have been utterly brilliant.

A mysterious problem with the cassette on my rear wheel 2008 Trice Q had me and the excellent local bike shop scratching their heads. After a couple of calls to ICE, they suggested I send the wheel in to them, which I did yesterday afternoon.

It was dispatched back to me at midday today and they emailed a long explanation of what was wrong. They've replaced a complete new freehub body, black retainer and axle spacer. When I replied to ask how much I needed to pay them, the response was: "No charge for the freehub. We've learned a little bit about how the hubs wear, and you get back on the road... seems a fair trade."

There have been a number of occasions when I've had odd issues with my Trice, almost always related to me doing vast mileages on it in all weathers. They are always helpful on the phone and have sent me a number of replacement parts free of charge (I have also bought some parts when it's something that regular wear and tear covers). I was just saying to my husband that when I buy another trike, I would always go for something by ICE as their customer service is the best that I have experienced anywhere - not just for bikes but for anything. Three cheers for ICE!

HipHip...

Top Bottom