Nothing to wear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vanessa

Hi, I'm studying design at London College of Fashion. I have been cycling in London for over 7 years now and have always been frustrated by the clothing available to women - either it's too girlie, too impractical or too sporty/masculine. So I've decided to base my final collection on clothing for female cyclists. I don't mean high performance gear - rather commuter gear that is both functional, comfortable, intelligent, adaptable and looks good so can be worn on the road and at work. I'd appreciate any thoughts/ suggestions. I have a questionnaire which I'd appreciate your feedback on - if you're interested in filling it out, please contact me at vanessasmuts@gmail.com and I'll send it over (I've also attached it here but unformatted). Thanks in advance!

Tetedelacourse

Is your name Vanessa Smuts? Cool!

smiorgan

More power to ya Vanessa. I have a wife and two female friends who are getting into riding, I'll let them know.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Er, vanessa, you might not want to have your email on display like that - it's spam magnet. Better to ask people to PM you through the forum...

I'll have a go at the questionnaire, although I'm probably not the target audience, I just wear what I want...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Vanessa, look in your private message box, I've sent you my email...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
BentMikey;40100][quote name= said:
Is your name Vanessa Smuts? Cool!

Easy tiger, it's not an English name.[/QUOTE]

Soooth Ifrican more like, any relation to Gen. Jan Smuts?

And the obvious answer to the what to wear dilemma the CC Jersey...

Road Fiddler

Take a look at Assos they have started producing very practical clothing for cyclist that can be worn off the bike. It is known as there DB Collection

Click here http://db.assos.com/ and you can watch a short film about the idea then enter the site to look at the collection.

One comment - size!

There is a market filled by Terry in the US, but with no real UK equivalent. Their Plus range in particular caters for all those female cyclists who are outside the size 14 that marks the upper limit of most British cycle clothing manufacturers

Sakura

I am a year too late for this thread! But a brilliant and much needed project!

It's hard to find wearable womens clothing for cycling and running. Jersey design is dominated by drab 70's-style vertical stripe affairs.

On the other hand. You find some nice and stylish female clothing, great for the Cali sunshine... But impractical for the 12 months of the year cold, wind, and rain of northern Scotland.

Top Bottom