Nothing to worry about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Welcome to the club

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well done. Great isn't it? One of those classic 'oh, so *this* is what they've been on about' experiences.

Happy riding.

DinasBran

The're pretty darned tootin aren't they? Apart from the odd "clipless" moment. Which I haven't had for a while yet. My Shimano shoes have only got 2 velcro straps on them - i've noticed a lot of shoes have three straps - does that give any advantage?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
DinasBran said:
My Shimano shoes have only got 2 velcro straps on them - i've noticed a lot of shoes have three straps - does that give any advantage?
Mine have three, but I only ever use two of them. Does that answer your question?

Maz

Guru
Well done, DLB.
As you get used to them, that's when complacency creeps in. That's when you will be vulnerable to your first clipless moment...hopefully not, though!

OP
OP
D

DLB

walker said:
it'll come, give it time, it'll come

i certainly hope not

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
My first clipless moment was when i was too cocky, thinking i was really good. I'd been clipless for about 2 weeks when it happened.
If it does happen, remember to laugh and smile:biggrin: Its funny really when you think about it, but bloody embarrising at the time xx(

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My Dad was sitting at a pavement table outside a Soho bar one warm summer's evening, when a deep rumble announced the imminent arrival of a colleague on his brand new Harley Davidson. Up he thundered, all leather and Ray-Bans, before stopping outside at the kerb and...getting his trousers tangled in the gear lever, with predictable and - to my Dad and his many colleagues in the bar - delightful consequences.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
welcome to the clipless world.
I have now found that whenever I ride a bike with normal flat pedals.... it feels a right pain.. and much harder work

Top Bottom