Notifications when mentioned in a post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've had a couple of instances where I've been "mentioned" in a post (using the @ symbol) but haven't received a notification for it. I've only noticed it because it's been as a reply to a thread I'm watching, for which I have received a notification. Is this feature working properly?

Cue a bunch of wags mentioning me left, right and centre. :rolleyes:

Only an idiot would do that.

@winjim
@winjim
@winjim
@winjim
@winjim

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Winjim - If you click on your username at the top of the page (on the right) and then click on "alert preferences" (in the left hand column) you can choose to be alerted when you are tagged.

Is the box ticked for "receive an alert when someone tags you in a message"?

I hope that helps.

You will need to click on "Save Changes" at the bottom of that page.

Last edited:
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Winjim - If you click on your username at the top of the page (on the right) and then click on "alert preferences" (in the left hand column) you can choose to be alerted when you are tagged.

Is the box ticked for "receive an alert when someone tags you in a message"?

I hope that helps.

You will need to click on "Save Changes" at the bottom of that page.
Yep, all ticked. I used to get the notifications and I've not changed my settings. I've resaved it anyway to see if that works.

13 rider

Guru
If you get mentioned in a thread you replied two surely you would not get two alerts ?
@winjim

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Screenshots_2015-03-14-19-58-22.png

Yay, it's working.:wahhey: I guess it must because I saved my settings, even though I didn't change anything :wacko:.
I wonder if it's a forum software upgrade issue, because last time I got a notification I'm sure it said mentioned rather than tagged, hence the thread title, so that's new. Thanks all, I can now come to all those parties I'm sure you've been trying to invite me to.

Shaun

Founder
Glad you've got it working. :okay:

As a technical point of note, the username tagging only works on the first creation of the post. Any edits afterwards will not trigger a username alert.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom