Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Robin Hood must have been a chav: stealing from the rich to keep for himself give to the poor! :tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Also got the highest burgerlary's i think.
Also a big place if you like dogging aswell i think, or so i have heard.
Its not bad round here in Carlton, but then there was a killing down the road recently. The police blocked the bottom of the road of, which is where i walk to school. That was abit spooky.
Where in Nottingham are/where you Dave?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Have you read "Saturday Night and Sunday Morning"? It's all documented there. The drinking, the fights, the hooliganism. And it all takes place in Nottingham! And that was in the 1960's. Oh and everything was grey, black and white. I should know, I've seen the film.

Thanks Joe I started thinking I was needing to get all of my army and sas mates down to help out.

gbb

Legendary Member
My hearts always been in Nottingham, spent my yoof there. In the 70s the people were friendly, plenty to do, plenty of girls (they used to come to you and chat you up :becool: )...yes, there used to be some football trouble, feytin (as Uncle Mort so eloquently put it :smile: ) wasnt unknown, but not OTT either.

I did live in a more rural area (tween Newark and Nottingham), and spent some time living in Hyson Green...cant say it was bad then.

But...over the years, as i've visited old friends and odd (very odd :biggrin: ) relatives, i've seen a different Nottingham. The city has a reputation...very sad if it's as bad as it's reputation.

Top Bottom