Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
Uncle Mort said:
Nottingham's pretty good for a night out, but there's trouble there like most places nowadays. When I was younger (admittedly a long time ago) you used to go to Nottingham for the girls and Mansfield if you wanted a "feyt".

Nope. Not like most places.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
NickM said:
Going to the Get Cycling Show?

I am :smile:

We are staying with friends. Their R reg Nissan Micra, parked in their drive with the gate locked, had its door lock removed a few weeks ago :biggrin:

Where abouts do they live?
Hyson Green has gone abit bad now. Well, not if your a lonely man wanting some female company;)
Mansfield is known here to be full of people with webbed feet, with brothers who are also their dad.

gbb

Legendary Member
Taking aside the city itself, what surprises me is how LITTLE it's changed in the outlying villages between Nottingham and Newark.
I knew the area like the back of my hand, particually along the A46, Bingham way.
I drive there 30 years later....and little's changes. All the development seems to have been concentrated in Bingham (and probably Newark). All the villages look exactly the same...and that's nice.

Joe24

The little villages are really nice. Nice to ride through them and see how empty they are.
Hoveringham has changed though. Its got a few lakes there.;)

well All of C.O.C. are going to be there for the weekend:biggrin: Fun Fun Fun www.getcyclingshow.info

Joe24

Anyone bringing a bike along? If the weather is nice there could be a group ride sort of thing after the show has finished.
Just an idea.

longers

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
Anyone bringing a bike along? If the weather is nice there could be a group ride sort of thing after the show has finished.
Just an idea.

I'm taking a bike. A spin out would be great (a gentle one mind - I've seen your average speed on Cyclogs :blush: )

Joe24

longers said:
I'm taking a bike. A spin out would be great (a gentle one mind - I've seen your average speed on Cyclogs :blush: )

:evil:Its getting faster aswell.
Right then, so probably Sunday? Hopefully the weather will be really nice and dry.

Edit: Put up a new thread about it the ride.

Top Bottom