Now, I'm always punctual...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Tetedelacourse said:
I can't stand lateness either. If I'm there on time, then everyone else should be.

Conversely, it gets my goat when, as has happened on occassion, we've invited folk round for dinner and they arrive early (like, half an hour), when you're still making vital preparations such as scrubbing the shoot off the walls or drying your good thong out, or worse, paying the delivery man for the Indian.

Dunno what sort of parties you throw, but I want an invite !!!!!

girofan

;):biggrin: Is premature ejaculation a symptom of being too early?

I'm pathologically early - hate being late. Hate leaving work to the last minute and being under pressure too. I have worked with people who leave everything to the last minute and then involve the whole office in their deadline dramas. I think they are idiots.

I had a friend who would phone to say "I'm just leaving the house, I'll be there in 10 minutes" when a) she was already 30 mins late, and ;) it was a 40 min tube journey. In the end we would just text her to say where we would be.

Mrs. TI is very relaxed about time. I've started bringing all our timings forward by half-an-hour to make sure we leave on time. So far, she hasn't realised. This evening, I think I'll put all the clocks forward 15 minutes too : )

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Keith Oates said:
I fall into Arch's category and work on the catching a plane idea which is 'one hour early, no problem, one minute late, no good'.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My philosophy also, the sage advice of an old pal has become my traveling mantra;

"The art of good travel is never having to break into a sweat"*

*need not apply to cycling... ;)

ChrisKH

Guru
I'm anal about timekeeping, either that or I have OCD. Mrs KH isn't and is renowned not to be in her family. So this topic has been raised a thousand times between us and will never be resolved to either's satisfaction. I'm practically crawling the walls if there is a remote chance of being late and she, well, what can I say, she takes it right down to the wire every time.

My personal view is if you are late for meeting someone (business or otherwise) it shows a lack of respect for that individual to turn up late. Period.

Now where are those divorce papers...........

Twenty Inch said:
I'm pathologically early - hate being late. Hate leaving work to the last minute and being under pressure too. I have worked with people who leave everything to the last minute and then involve the whole office in their deadline dramas. I think they are idiots.

I had a friend who would phone to say "I'm just leaving the house, I'll be there in 10 minutes" when a) she was already 30 mins late, and ;) it was a 40 min tube journey. In the end we would just text her to say where we would be.
QUOTE]

Me too. I don't understand how some people are always late. I HATE being late. Can't you just leave a bit earlier????? It's not hard!!xx(

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Habitually punctual here, not early, not late. Early for trains and planes, hate sprinting through crowds etc, no need for it, all things being well. Now Mrs F on the other hand.... a journey's not a journey unless there's some kind of drama!

On the odd occasion my trip to work is delayed, I get cheeky so-and-so's telling me that I' m late as I usually arrive very early for work and all appointments.
I point out that I'm not late, but less early !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was staying in a guest house outside Dublin a few years ago and asked for an early morning call at 6.30am. I was told that as the phone call would be from the local exchange that unfortunately they would have to charge me 1 punt for the privilege which I mentioned as being a bit unusual. When the call came the next morning they said that they'd decided to waive the charge after all. I asked if it was because I had queried it and the woman said in a lilting Irish accent , ' No, it's because it's 8.30'!

barq

I'm normally punctual and always allow loads of time where travelling is concerned. However a year back I was invited to give a talk at South Bank University. I live in Guildford, so that should be a 35 minute train journey to Waterloo, plus ten minutes walk to the university. Despite allowing more than two hours I was still 30 minutes late for my own talk because the train broke down. ;) To this day I still feel mortified to have kept so many people waiting.

I know a couple of people who aren't just late for social stuff, but can fail to turn up at all. No phone calls, no text messages, just no show. That's a really good way of loosing friends (eventually).

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Question is...
Is good time keeping a man thaing ?
Or that women forget from day to day how long it takes to put the ole slap and kit on ? (But at the drop of a hat can remember the slightly derogative statement you made in 1998?)

barq

BJB said:
An even better question is 'Is good time keeping a characteristic of someone who uses internet forums?' as I seem to be the exception to the rule judging by the responses on here.

I think this discussion is a bit like asking "are you a better than average driver?" to which 80% (something like that) people say "yes".

Perhaps you are the most honest. ;)

Top Bottom