Now, I'm always punctual...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I am someone who would like to be early ... and get myself ready too early ... then I do something to kill a little time... next time I look at my watch... I'm late ;). But then I rush like mad to make sure I don't arrive late, and normally I don't.
One of the things I often forget in working out how long it takes to get somewhere: OK I can put on my shoes and coat and be out the door in a minute... the kids ..... that takes about 10 mins.

I certainly don't saunter when I'm late... if late to school we all rush... then on the way out after dropping my kids I usally meet kids just slowly crawling to school not bothered if they are late.

(Now I feel like I've said ... Hi I'm summerdays and I'm a late person)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
NickM said:
That will be my fee for marriage guidance, eh? ;)

It's a pretty good racket, considering that I have no actual experience of Marriage!

Common law experience then?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
Question is...
Is good time keeping a man thaing ?

Um, not if you consider me...

Funny, isn't it, how some people are always early and some always late. And if you are the early sort, you get really annoyed by the late sort. And I know what barq means about people who are just generally unreliable. I had a uni classmate who was like that, who was often in the wrong country at a specified time (she sailed, and always seemed to be caught out by adverse weather/tides etc). The strange thing was that she was the sort of person who managed to remain a mate, despite her complete unreliability, because she was so cheerful and gung ho and fun to be with - you just learned never to need to rely on her. In fact she's still the same - she recently rang me the morning she arrived in York, for a wedding, to see if I was about for a coffee (a text a day earlier would have helped). As it happened, I was on my way somewhere else, but thought we could meet later, and she thought so too and told me her plans. So when I was done with my other errand, I rang her, only to find that in fact she actually had to be somewhere else completely different to what she'd told me before (meeting someone, but she didn't know where, in order to go and use their hotel room, but she didn't know which hotel, to change into her frock). So we never got to meet up. And yet I still thought "that's a shame", when I ought to have been raging about her unreliability...

Top Bottom