Now is the season of...Glitter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Glitter!
Whoever invented glitter should be rolled in it and stuck on the top of a very tall Christmas tree and pelted with summat smelly...

Bloody stuff gets everywhere. For ever!
Open a card ~ glitter
Wrapping paper ~ glitter

Grrrrrrr

Rant over.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not Gary I hope.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Glitter!
Whoever invented glitter should be rolled in it and stuck on the top of a very tall Christmas tree and pelted with summat smelly...

Bloody stuff gets everywhere. For ever!
Open a card ~ glitter
Wrapping paper ~ glitter

Grrrrrrr

Rant over.
Just last week I was sat in the lounge and saw something glint on the carpet. Yep, some glitter from one of those cards........opened in July (our wedding anniversary). That carpet is hoovered at least once a week :wacko:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
There's a trend for glittery home furnishing for all year round now, too. :blink:

I'm a member of a truly dreadful group that eversoslightly pokes fun at 'less than persuasive' online adverts..

You know - crime scene sofas, awful attempts at 'craft' - cars that are beyond scrapping - inadvisable clothing.. That kind of thing.

The sort that insist on covering everything with glittery fablon, and crushed velvet are generally known as the 'Radicalised Huns'

I know this says far more about me, and my awful snobbery / general time-wasting on the internet than anything else.

But it has made me choke on my tea, with laughing on occasion :shy:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
One of Gary Glitter's songs was in Joker, but he did not get any royalties because he sold the rights long ago. Simon Mayo still complained BBC about the song being in the film in his and Kermode's film review radio program.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I hate the stuff. It gets everywhere. If I am sent a card I check it, while it’s still in the envelope. If glitter is apparent, it goes directly in the bin. I might be a cow but I don’t care. I do make a note of the sender to send a card back, if it’s a Christmas card.

Drago

Legendary Member
One of Gary Glitter's songs was in Joker, but he did not get any royalties because he sold the rights long ago. Simon Mayo still complained BBC about the song being in the film in his and Kermode's film review radio program.
He still has a small but devoted band of admirers of his music, and even a fan website. They get jolly upset if you mention you know what. Its slander, apparently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom