Now is the season of...Glitter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Gacroche is bang on. its nasty, polluting, non biodegradable plastic stuff that along with fireworks is well overdue being banned.

I think we should start with banning the industrialised military machine, that's pretty 'nasty and polluting'

And then we move on to glitter.

You can't ban fireworks, there would be a riot.

Drago

Legendary Member
It is very nasty indeed. If you can think of a way for every country to disarm simultaneously then I'll be keen to hear of it so I can take the credit.

If the pro firework lobby do riot when the pyrotechnics are banned then we could set the Army on them. Oh, wait...

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It is very nasty indeed. If you can think of a way for every country to disarm simultaneously then I'll be keen to hear of it so I can take the credit.

Ha! Nice try :rolleyes:

Typical bloke..

I shall keep my cunning plan to myself, thanks, and take the credit myself for once

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Meanwhile, you can get biodegradable glitter.:angel:

We could stop glorifying war, and promoting the 'Arms Trade' as if its some innocuous bit of business though.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
A friend who is a pre-school teacher calls it "Craft Herpes" because you can never really get rid of it.

I did some Xmas stuff with my Primary 1 kids last year and we used glitter. The youngsters adore the stuff but I was still finding glitter all over the place just as were packing up for the summer recess, 7 months later. :laugh:

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I did some Xmas stuff with my Primary 1 kids and we used glitter. The youngsters adore the stuff but I was still finding glitter all over the place just as were packing up for the summer recess, 7 months later. :laugh:

I still have fond memories of glueing and glittering from Primary school, it's a fairly innocuous pleasure as they go.

Mildly annoying, it's hardly seizure inducing I'd have thought.

One of the rooms I teach in, also runs a preschool.

Despite their best efforts with the hoover, there is still some glitter lodged in the carpet tiles around now .

Which inevitably finds its way onto our yoga mats.
And adheres until next washing..

I think it's kind of cute in a way.

But I guess some folks are easily annoyed.

Somewhat disproportionately compared with the true evils that go on..

Please See Above :blink:

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If the pro firework lobby do riot when the pyrotechnics are banned then we could set the Army on them. Oh, wait...

Part of my demilitarising scheme is to instigate an international fireworks race.

All those chaps, and chappesses, who like a bit of 'whizz bang boom' can redirect their efforts to creating the most fantabulous pyrotechnics, whilst not harming anyone beyond the odd nervously disposed spaniel.

International border disputes can be resolved by properly regulated apple bobbing competitions, between each countries elected leaders. :okay:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Glitter!
Whoever invented glitter should be rolled in it and stuck on the top of a very tall Christmas tree and pelted with summat smelly...

Bloody stuff gets everywhere. For ever!
Open a card ~ glitter
Wrapping paper ~ glitter

Grrrrrrr

Rant over.

I like the 'butterball' bath bombs from Lush - nice hot soak in hot water with these is very nice. Trouble is, my local Lush (anyone who works in Lush must have no sense of smell after about 5 mins in those fumes:okay:) stocks the butterballs next to the glittery stuff, so it moves over. Had a bath last night, noticed glitter in my hair & on the pillow.....:blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
Glitter!
Whoever invented glitter
should be rolled in it and stuck on the top of a very tall Christmas tree and pelted with summat smelly...

Bloody stuff gets everywhere. For ever!
Open a card ~ glitter
Wrapping paper ~ glitter

Grrrrrrr

Rant over.
"Modern glitter as we know it was invented in 1934 by a New Jersey cattle rancher Henry Ruschmann."

presta

Guru
I get a card from someone with a liking for glitter. I treat it a bit like toxic waste or covid, and put it in a quarantine area and immediately decontaminate everything that comes into contact with it.

Top Bottom