Now Ive a Mirror..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

And using it - I've noticed that i'm realising how some cars WILL actually drive quite far away from you but stay behind - unless you going slow.

Its soo interesting having a mirror.

Its like a different world - that was always there but've never 'looked at'.

You notice how bad some drivers are.

How they will effectively just drive past you (space and the giving of' to varying degrees) basically without thinking and respecting you compared to how 'you' do to them: as you can see the 'start of a pass' and the 'end result of' - very interesting to witness.

Everybody should have a mirror!

And if you position it at yourself - you see how bad you look! :tongue:

Tynan

Veteran
thought you were far too hardcore for a mirror yenrod

that and you sound like you're spending too much time looking into it

don't know what your ride is like but mine is all about right in front of me with the odd very rapid look over my shoulder

shoot comes from the front I reckons

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I have one on the trike as looking behind is a bit different from being on an upwrong. It is best at night when I can see the approach of cars from a good way off. It's real use is limited to how much vibration it gets from the road surface and is no replacement for a good look over your shoulder.

Where are yours fitted Yenrod, I somehow imagine you have Maltese Cross shaped ones?;)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I fitted this type:

00006274.jpg

On the right drop of the h/bar - it was on the spacebar (which is where you put lights and the likes..) but could only see myself and am not that vain soo...

Vibration - yes its a factor but still you can get the drift - in effect..

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Thats exactly the same as mine!
I find that you can't completely lock them in position and have to adjust
them before every ride.
Maybe if they had a lock and release button they mightn't vibrate quite as much either.
Then again I've snapped the stalks on two already, best I can't lock them eh?;).

bobg

Über Member
Someone gave me a "Mirrycle" mirror ( or some such spelling ) ... fits on the hoods , excellent. When I first used it down my country lane circuit I found myself waving motorists on where I could and because I was able to see whether it was a bloke or a woman I started counting who waved a thank you or somesuch. Interestingly I hardly ever got a thank you from a woman driver .... it was hardly a comprehensive sample but it was 20 or 30 drivers. " ducks for cover" :blush:

dodgy

I've got this one:

cycles_pro25531L.jpg

It's tiny and attaches with a rubber strap, so there is some insulation from the road buzz which means less vibration than a rigid fixing. A little more aesthetically pleasing than the monstrosity that Yenrod has fitted (IMHO) :blush:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Has anyone tried the Bike Eye mirror tha fixes to the front of the frane and gives a view under the saddle? I was tempted by one at the Nottingham Get Cycling show but deliberately didn't take money with me so couldn't get one.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

fossyant said:
Noooo- don't take it on the chain gang - they'll take the piss......

They hate me anyway for riding on the back and only doing work when we do a downhill or on the way back ;)

dodgy

Night Train said:
Has anyone tried the Bike Eye mirror tha fixes to the front of the frane and gives a view under the saddle? I was tempted by one at the Nottingham Get Cycling show but deliberately didn't take money with me so couldn't get one.

Ahhh! My eyes, my eyes, my beautiful eyes! ;)

PrettyboyTim

Night Train said:

I don't think they play well with child seats or panniers...

I got a mirror recently. I quite like it, although I kind of wish I'd got a circular rather than oval one. I find when compared to looking over your shoulder is that for a given time spent not looking ahead, you get more time looking behind.

I still look over the shoulder before performing a maneuver, though.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It's great having a mirror, you can always tell when there's a Volvo on your tail. Unless it's dark, then they all look the same.

Top Bottom