Now I've got me sleeping bag I find this??!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

http://www.pebble27.com/selkone.html

..which looks like exactly what i wanted but could not find a few months back...typical...oh well....:rolleyes:

but I'll post up this link in case anybody else might find it interesting or helpful. It looks like a better way to get agood nights kip to me anyway....also it'll keep you warm on that 2am trek to the bogs!

Tynan

Veteran
that's plain silly, you'd be shot if someone saw you out and about in the country

and I bet it's uncomfortable to sleep in and walk around it

jack of all trades in other words

clefty

Thats made my day big man, been laughing about that for the past 15 minutes!
Do you think i could get away with one of these at V festival this year?
Pure Genius!

I feel that I couldnt help but stand in some sort of boy band East 17 pose whilst wearing it though!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...ahh and I was being serious...:rolleyes:

I reckon that ridiculous as I might look...imagine the michelin man:biggrin:....it might just be pretty comfy....certainly a lot less restrictive than a bag....only thing is I wonder where I'd get an inner liner in that shape?:blush:

Also does it have a zip in the necessary place at 2 am?:biggrin:

Is it legal?:sad::biggrin:

Brock

There are certain things a bloke might want to do in his sleeping bag at some point during the night. Scratch his knee, pick the fluff out of his navel, flick ants out of his bum crack, chew his finger nails, manually rearrange his genitals, manually rearrange his genitals again, scratch that gnat bite on the back of his knee.. etc etc. How the heck are you going to be comfortable in that thing!?

clefty

lets face it if you get the yellow one, you're going to look like a giant jelly baby

I gotta admit tho, i'd love to have a go of one

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...only thing is I wonder where I'd get an inner liner in that shape?:rolleyes:

It's called a pair of pyjamas:biggrin:

I wouldn't want one myself, for most of Brock's reasons. I think they may be better off marketing them to fishermen and suchlike people who do a lot of sitting about outdoors, and don't generate any body heat.

I love it!!! Want one!!! Just the knowledge of looking like a big cuddly jelly baby would make me feel cosy and comfy! And they are so funky!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Although as a female I think going to the loo with one on might cause certain problems - having visions of most of the cubicle being filled with the top half of the sleeping bag, not getting it accidentally caught in a stream of late night urine seems like a rather complex task :blush:

Keith Oates

Janner
I think Brock has hit it on the head with his post. I'll not be in line for one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now if there was a double...............the mind boggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.H

Über Member
A mountain racer I know uses something similar, a down jacket and a custom made sleeping bag that just comes to the waist. It works for them as they get the use of the jacket in the day as well.
I’ve been through a few sleeping bags without finding anything I’m entirely happy with. I’m currently experimenting with a rectangle silk bag liner and rectangle sleeping bag opened up as a duvet. If it works I’ll invest in one of these;
Camping Quilt

clefty

you could potentially zip two together and cause some giant jelly baby havoc in the vein of the StayPuft Marshmallow man.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Here's another take on the walk-about sleeping bag.
Looks a bit more usable to me - a sleeping bag with a front zip, a jacket-type hood and shaped shoulders, zipped slots to let the arms out, and a foot end that opens out and can be turned up inside to give what ends up like a sleeveless down trench coat.

[edit:] fix link (poxy frames ;) )

twowheelsgood

Thanks for that. As funny as these look I think they might be on to something. I find my standard bag extremely close-fitting and uncomfortable. I really don't like having my arms immobile at my side. Great also for reading or writing up a log after a hard day in the saddle.

Top Bottom