Now that the festivities are over...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
stop reading this thread, go and make a cuppa, then come back, sit down and start reading the rest of this.
OK, you are back!
We all to some extent enjoy the build-up and exciement of the festive season and soon it is back to normality and your Christmas spirit is packed away with the tree and decorations for another year but hold on....
Why pack your Christmas spirit away? Why not do what my late wife, Goy, and I used to do. Why restrict giving to loved ones and others on certain days of the year when every day has the potential to be Christmas, birthday or whatever. If you see something that a loved one would like - get it for them; I am not talking about big, expensive gifts but something that they want. ARrolex watch is nice but not what I need, get me a couple of inner tubes or a small pack of baby wipes to put in my back pocket when I am cycling - those things, to me, are better than a Rolex!
Have a smile for shop assistants and a friendly word - I am sure they get enough grumpy customers. Say Good Morning to passers-by - you will get replies and you will get people looking at you as if you are daft but what does it matter?

Arch

Married to Night Train
No need to tell me. I already do that sort of thing.

TVC

Sounds like me. I don't buy gifts for Christmas, but if at any time I spot something I'm SURE someone I love would like then I get it.

swampyseifer

stop reading this thread, go and make a cuppa, then come back, sit down and start reading the rest of this.
OK, you are back!
We all to some extent enjoy the build-up and exciement of the festive season and soon it is back to normality and your Christmas spirit is packed away with the tree and decorations for another year but hold on....
Why pack your Christmas spirit away? Why not do what my late wife, Goy, and I used to do. Why restrict giving to loved ones and others on certain days of the year when every day has the potential to be Christmas, birthday or whatever. If you see something that a loved one would like - get it for them; I am not talking about big, expensive gifts but something that they want. ARrolex watch is nice but not what I need, get me a couple of inner tubes or a small pack of baby wipes to put in my back pocket when I am cycling - those things, to me, are better than a Rolex!
Have a smile for shop assistants and a friendly word - I am sure they get enough grumpy customers. Say Good Morning to passers-by - you will get replies and you will get people looking at you as if you are daft but what does it matter?

Bah f***ing humbug...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'd rather have an inne tube than a Rolex if I had a puncture.

I'd rather the Rolex as I use glueless patches.

Dogberry

Why restrict giving to loved ones and others on certain days of the year when every day has the potential to be Christmas, birthday or whatever. If you see something that a loved one would like - get it for them; I am not talking about big, expensive gifts but something that they want. ARrolex watch is nice but not what I need, get me a couple of inner tubes or a small pack of baby wipes to put in my back pocket when I am cycling - those things, to me, are better than a Rolex!

One word, Karma.

Top Bottom