Now then..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheBell

Good evening all, after a couple of weeks hovering the cc forums I decided it was about time I got involved! My brief cycling history is: rode everywhere as a kid, on a BMX and various MTB's (never did any tricks or went near mountains mind!), passed my driving test - bought a car, didn't touch a bike for years. A few years back I bought myself a hybrid to get back in the saddle, with a kiddy seat for my then 6 month old, not long after I got involved in a charity bike ride with a few work pals, riding the length and breadth of the county. We rode nearly 430 miles in 5 days on hybrids / road converted MTB's, camping overnight. Great fun and we raised a good amount of money for a well known cancer charity. btw I live in Lincolnshire, so the ride was largely on the flat bar one day in the Wolds. Last year I got roped into a local business charity ride, riding from Lincoln Castle to Skeggy coast and back, about 100 miles. Again on my hybrid when a lot of others were on road bikes, hence towards the end of last Summer I bought myself my first road bike!! Managed a few early morning 18 milers and after work 30-odd milers, and now I'm scouring the www for clipless pedals and shoes....the wife just rolls her eyes!! And thats where I am at the minute, did i say brief!?!
I've rambled on enough, here's to future chatting..

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
we all understand , so dont worry about waffling .

i am concerned though you only have 1 or 2 bikes nowhere near enough go get more

dave72

Regular
hi and welcome to the forum
there's no eye rolling from fran wish all wives and girlfriend understood
cheers dave

Top Bottom