1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now this seems like a good idea!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by ratty2k, 14 Jan 2008.

1. ratty2k

ratty2k New Member

Now I realise its America, and may not be suitable everywhere, but I thought it a great idea. Someone actually put some thought into allowing bikes to cross major intersections safely by stopping all vehicular traffic.

Discuss.

(i've always wanted to say that!:biggrin:)

2. Muddyfox

Muddyfox Veteran

Not as complex as your traffic light's Ratty but i've noticed that here in Devon our pedestrian signals now have 2 different buttons to press one for pedestrians and the other for cyclist ... Although im not sure why ?

Simon

3. RedBike

RedBike New Member

I just wish they'd put the cycle lanes somewhere sensible so that they're actually useable.

4. cannondale boy

cannondale boy Über Member

Same here, but i don't think the council will have the brains :biggrin: to construct a cycle lane properly. On my commute to work i have a cycle lane that lasts for about 200yards then ends...whats the point.

5. ratty2k

ratty2k New Member

Oh, thats 10 times longer than one near me. It starts half way up a bridge and finishes before the crest. Never quite saw the use of it
    Dont know if anyone has seen this site
    http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/ its actually where I live as well! Facility of the month is always worth a look, and the sites not too bad actually.

6. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Fantastic site. Don't forget to buy the book (£5 - profits to the Cyclists defence fund) and when you've read it, pass it on to your local council

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

There's one of those diagonal 'bike only' crossings here in Brum.