Now this seems like a good idea!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ratty2k

Now I realise its America, and may not be suitable everywhere, but I thought it a great idea. Someone actually put some thought into allowing bikes to cross major intersections safely by stopping all vehicular traffic.

Discuss.

(i've always wanted to say that!:biggrin:)

Not as complex as your traffic light's Ratty but i've noticed that here in Devon our pedestrian signals now have 2 different buttons to press one for pedestrians and the other for cyclist ... Although im not sure why ?

Simon

cannondale boy

Über Member
RedBike said:
I just wish they'd put the cycle lanes somewhere sensible so that they're actually useable.

Same here, but i don't think the council will have the brains :biggrin: to construct a cycle lane properly. On my commute to work i have a cycle lane that lasts for about 200yards then ends...whats the point.

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

Oh, thats 10 times longer than one near me. It starts half way up a bridge and finishes before the crest. Never quite saw the use of it
Dont know if anyone has seen this site
http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/ its actually where I live as well! Facility of the month is always worth a look, and the sites not too bad actually.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Fantastic site. Don't forget to buy the book (£5 - profits to the Cyclists defence fund) and when you've read it, pass it on to your local council

Top Bottom