Nudity in a tri

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbez

Hi Guys,

In my upcoming tri, it states that nudity is not allowed.

Does this mean that I can't show my torso, or just my nackers?

Ie, if I wear my cycling shorts under my wetsuit, but no jersey, I should be okay to unzip my wetsuit and pull it half way down whilst I run to the transition area? Or is showing my torso not acceptable, in that case I would wear a jersey under the wetsuit too?

I would keep the cycling shorts on that are under my wetsuit for the cycle and also the run.

Thanks in advance.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Hi Guys,

Ie, if I wear my cycling shorts under my wetsuit, but no jersey, I should be okay to unzip my wetsuit and pull it half way down whilst I run to the transition area? Or is showing my torso not acceptable, in that case I would wear a jersey under the wetsuit too?

I would keep the cycling shorts on that are under my wetsuit for the cycle and also the run.

Thanks in advance.

In general, competitors have to wear something on top, but not in transition. You still can't take everything off in public in transition though.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Yes,but you must cover up in T1.

OP
OP
M

Mrbez

So I'm fine to run with my wetsuit down to waist, up to T1. Where I will then put my jersey on?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Have you thought about wearing a trisuit underneath the wetsuit? Could save time during transitions as saves the fuss of having to put a jersey on

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Have you thought about wearing a trisuit underneath the wetsuit? Could save time during transitions as saves the fuss of having to put a jersey on

That is the obvious answer and it's what most triathletes do! ^_^

OP
OP
M

Mrbez

Haha.

Yeah I thought about a tri suit, but I'm on a budget and can't afford one to be honest at the moment.

Thanks.

fimm

Veteran
What you plan to do is fine: if you were doing a pool-based tri you could swim in shorts, but you'd then have to put on a top in T1. There are tricks for rolling a t-shirt/top to get it on quickly - it might be worth having a bit of a search on YouTube. (I don't know myself because I'm female and therefore don't tend to go around without my top on! I think I've said before that being female probably makes improvising triathlon wear easier.)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What you plan to do is fine: if you were doing a pool-based tri you could swim in shorts, but you'd then have to put on a top in T1. There are tricks for rolling a t-shirt/top to get it on quickly - it might be worth having a bit of a search on YouTube. (I don't know myself because I'm female and therefore don't tend to go around without my top on! I think I've said before that being female probably makes improvising triathlon wear easier.)
Men have issues too but it probably is easier for women :laugh:

Arsen Gere

Über Member
fimm is right, I've seen people spend ages wrestling with a top trying to get it on to a wet body. For some it is the first time they do this. Trisuits at Start Fitness are about £30.

Top Bottom