Numb bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
Well ive had a few goes at measuring my sit bones, tried a few different methods and I seem to be 135-138mm.

Just need to find what the saddle on my Orange RX9 measures.

I cycle to work most days but it's only 4.5 miles each way, and I'm not in cycling shorts then... That's why I wondered if the cycling shorts may be a bit restrictive.
Go for a 10 mile ride in your commuting kit. If the problem doesn't happen, then it's your shorts. Unlikely to be your bits being crushed by lycra, but as @DCLane suggests, the padding is pushing on a nerve. Try unpadded shorts or ones with less padding which are usually cheaper

As for sizes, people seem to like Fat Lad At The Back for larger sizes

Gavman

Regular
Bit of a late reply but I'm thinking I'm around the same size as you. I had this same problem and it could be a trapped nerve, if it it that then I recommend sorting it quick as mine then developed into sciatica which I can definitely day is a lot worse than a bit of numbness. Try and see a doctor and maybe some expert fitting help with the bike....haven't been able to ride mine in a month

Globalti

Legendary Member
Or just post a pic on here of the bike taken from the side leaning against a wall, then the same again with you seated on it. There are lots of experienced folk on here who may be able to give you some pointers.

Top Bottom