Numb right foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Steve Austin said:
cleat position will definitely cause foot pain. t
try riding with the shoe very loose. tight shoes will cause numbness, and the initial stiffness of the sole can cause cramp type pain-only cure is to ride more

When I first got my Sidi road shoes I was cranking the ratchet up as hard as it would go and my feet went very numb after around 15-20 miles. Now I have them a bit looser (but still tight enough) and they are fine.

Matthew

Jonathan M

Lets face it, shoes are like saddles, helmets & gloves, personal choices vary greatly. I've never dismissed that the BG shoes work well for most, but for me there is something about them that doesn't work.

Thumbs up for BG gloves & mitts though.

Lone Rider

A couple of months after going clipless I went on a two week tour. From the first day I was having problems with numbness in both feet after 70 or 80 kms. It meant stopping and massaging both feet. I gave up the tour after five days and came home. The problem was that prior to the tour all my rides had been shorter and the problem didn't exist. Since then I have moved the cleats further back and taken the shoes to get them widened. They are now more comfortable. I also tended to curl my toes - don't know why.

Top Bottom