Number 10 petition we all should sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Well, it's not for me to tell you what to do, but given the number of pillocks who continue to use mobiles whilst driving, what have we to lose?

I have very nearly been run off the road by cars twice, and came within inches of being turned to two dimensions by a forty tonner. All because these a***s think their phone call is more important than my life.

Find the petition here.

Wolf04

Done.

bonj2

i would sign it if I thought those petitions had any effect, but I have never seen any evidence that it does.

Unfortunately it is a very badly written poll. Just read the poll details. My English isn't the best, but the people who write these polls need some lessons!

Wolf04

bonj said:
i would sign it if I thought those petitions had any effect, but I have never seen any evidence that it does.

I tend to agree, but consider it as one more way to chip away at the apathy even if in only a very small way.

They were all on the phone whilst driving in the states when I was there (not me obviously) HGV drivers doing 70(+) on the interstate as well as huge motorhomes. I even saw one converted to a mobile chapel in the outside lane (who was also on his mobile)

A bit of an eye opener, and I now understand why after driving there that our KSI's are so much lower per mile driven. I must have seen at least a dozen shunts on the roads I drove on in the short space of time I was there.

Mr Pig

Signed. I see these muppets all the time, the ban seems to have made zero difference. I've seen people driving behind me for miles whilst on the phone paying no attention to their driving at all.

Top Bottom