Number 10 petition we all should sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Headgardener said:
Done but agree about the bad grammer and lack of puctuation. Is there anything we can do about it?

Add your name to the list :blush:

D

Deleted member 1258

Done, see loads on the phone while out and about

The use is already illegal with a fine and three points.

So why a petition for something that is already there?

The penalty is about in line with the driving drunk or speeding penalties so what is the problem?

Can any of you who have signed the thing (who drive a car) honestly say that they have not exceeded a speed limit ever?

(I do not use a mobi while driving but the petition is just silly)

Over The Hill said:
Can any of you who have signed the thing (who drive a car) honestly say that they have not exceeded a speed limit ever?

No, I can't, but the 3 points and £45 fine was something I was able to accept, and therefore accepted.

This would make me not use my phone whilst driving EVEN MORE than now...!:biggrin:

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
There is a huge difference between inadvertently exceeding a speed limit (or dare I say deliberately exceeding a speed limit on an empty road) and answering a phone call unnecessarily whilst endangering other road users. Yes, there is currently a law against doing so, but it is clearly not a deterrent. Perhaps the threat of imprisonment, confiscation of phone and car might be?

Done.
Came very close with a woman in a car park, driving out of a space whilst on the phone and putting on a seatbelt. Think she gathered I was displeased with her.

Short, say a week for first offence, driving bans might get the message through. I'm also sure a enterprising individual could come up with a machine that would fit nicely into a police car boot and turn a mobile into a small cube, which can then be handed back to its owner.

longers

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
I'm also sure a enterprising individual could come up with a machine that would fit nicely into a police car boot and turn a mobile into a small cube, which can then be handed back to its owner.

Something a bit like this?

Training courses could be offered in "cubing" if needed.

longers said:
Something a bit like this?

Training courses could be offered in "cubing" if needed.

:biggrin: Would certainly work. I was thinking of something more like a portable mini car crusher. Must be something in my head to do with the advert were a car turns into a phone to encourage payment of VED.
Being a engineer I just like the idea of complicated hydraulic pistons and crushing rams.....hmm...10 tonne hydraulic hand pump...bit of steel pipe and the Piemaster mobile squishing device is born! Could even be small enough to be cycle mounted. PC cycles up to car in traffic and plucks phone from drivers fingers. Squish. Hands back cube, cycles off whistling. A modern day cuff around the ear.
Our constabulary would probably be keener to squish phones than write out tickets too.

Top Bottom