NY touring resolutions 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I got the Bodensee-Konigsee Bikeline book yesterday and I think I might do that in the spring. It'll be fairly hard work though as there are a lot of ups and downs.

peejay78

i did ventoux in april, it was the single most amazing experience i've had on a bicycle.

it's the alps this year.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
snorri said:
No plan yet, but somewhere with no serious hills.:angry:

Me too

I haven't made plans yet... but rather wierdly my mum (or dad?) put in a leaflet about the North West Trail with my pressies. Whether this was just as she thought I would be interested generally or maybe she's saying she will have the kids again:biggrin:

I wouldn't mind doing a really short tour with one or more of the kids too - probably just one night - don't want to scare them off.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
I got the Bodensee-Konigsee Bikeline book yesterday and I think I might do that in the spring. It'll be fairly hard work though as there are a lot of ups and downs.

I've done bits of that!! I did Lindau to Fuessen and we both LOVED it!! Stayed in Immenstadt which has a great ice-cream parlour and we stayed at the Drei Konig (excuse my grammer) hotel which was really nice!!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
My plan is a Rhine/Moselle tour on my own in late May/early June.

I mentioned this to someone in the pub the other evening and they said, "how will you cope with all the hills". I thought they were being deadpan sarcastic but, no, they really thought following a river with almost no locks would be very hilly!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Cathryn said:
I've done bits of that!! I did Lindau to Fuessen and we both LOVED it!! Stayed in Immenstadt which has a great ice-cream parlour and we stayed at the Drei Konig (excuse my grammer) hotel which was really nice!!

Immenstadt is one of the places I've got marked down for an overnight stop. My basic idea is to pedal off from home down to Lindau on day one, then to Immenstadt on day 2 and just take it as I fancy from then on. Once I get to the Konigsee it's a matter of deciding whether or not to pop over the hills to Salzburg and then down to Passau or to go to Munich and then on to Regensburg and then get the train back home.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've done Fussen to Wurzburg via Landsberg before. I might avoid Munich on the homeward leg and visit friends who have just moved to Erding (where the Weizenbier is made). Spoilt for choice really.

As a general announcement: the N Bavarian tourist authorities have just proudly announced that the River Main route is the first German bike route to be awarded five stars. (I think that means that it is so well signposted that even BTFB couldn't wander off route.:sad:) BTW it is a lovely route and well worth doing.

Top Bottom