NY touring resolutions 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm doing a week's tour in the spring to Belgium/Holland with 2 other couples, a week in the Sierra Nevada with some male friends and a summer 2-3 week tour in Slovenia with mrs rich p.
That's about it.

My NY resolution is to learn to fix a broken spoke on the bike. The lack of that knowledge almost caused a lot of problems last year.

ps. Where are you moving to, Cathryn, back to the sunny south?

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Mrs Uncle Phil and I are planning to cycle some of South Africa's Garden Route in January and February.

The flights are booked, so there's no backing out now.

We were within reach of Ventoux the summer before last (she was working down there and I visited for a week). I only had a Brompton and she had no bike at all, so we didn't go.

Has anyone climbed Mont Ventoux on a Brommie, I wonder....?

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We may not move at all...just things to think about...but it would be a long way from the UK which would make Ventoux impossible. Can't really talk more about it but it could be fun!!

More news as and when anything happens, I promise.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Uncle Phil said:
Has anyone climbed Mont Ventoux on a Brommie, I wonder....?

I'll bet they have!

I did it last June on a stinking hot day from Bedouin. It was very enjoyable and the descent to Malaucene is fantastic with a handily placed restaurant about 6k down for beer and frites.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I really don tknow what I will be able to do this year if any. Things are so up in th eair I am unsure about a lot of things. So If I go it will probably be last minute stuff. Cost is an issue as well...got to watch those schekkles....I am pondering a few routes though:

1) Holland
2) Rhine Radweg down to Basel
3) Clais along atlantic coast down into Spain down to Malaga
4) Hosteling on the bianchi around east anglia

....those are if I go alone again...but if i find a ride partner then things might change.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'd like to watch the Shekkles too (Frank and Andy to be precise, well, Andy anyway). I'd like to cycle down to the Alps in the summer to watch the Tour...but that's not a resolution.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
I hereby commit that unless two specific things occur* I will cycle up Mont Ventoux in May 2009.

* Potential moves of living location

You? What are you doing?

Ventoux is on the card for me too though I'm not sure if it will be 2009...still undecided still too early

xilios

Veteran
My NY resolution will be to cycle over 7000kms, my personal record is 6000kms in 2007.
We have a couple plans in the works for our spring and fall tours but early days yet.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
xilios said:
My NY resolution will be to cycle over 7000kms, my personal record is 6000kms in 2007.
We have a couple plans in the works for our spring and fall tours but early days yet.

I hope to get in 3000 km of Audaxes plus my touring distances. I've currently missed out on 300km worth of Audaxing because of tonsillitis and a viral infection. Don't expect to be on my bike for at least another week :smile:

Bodhbh

Guru
Would like to do a 3-week tour somewhere fairly northern in June (3 weeks about as much as I can manage with work). I really like the long hours of daylight. Thinking either baltics and possibly thru russia into finland, iceland (their currency has took a hit too), or maybe a good crack at the far north, hebrides, orkney etc. In the queue for a hernia op although, really hope to get it out the way soon as will mean 6 weeks off the bike, maybe an excuse to get some touring out the way first!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
If we get in a break later in the summer, I'd like to do a circuit of the west coast of Scotland, from Glasgow northwards, then island-hop back down the Hebrides.

Mrs Uncle Phil is middle-named after a Hebride, so we'll have to visit that one again.

Top Bottom