O/T info on airport check in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

Morrisette said:
If there's an M and S food place in the airport their water is quite cheap.

Or take an empty bottle in your bag and fill it up at the water fountain (if there is one) in the loo.

The no-liquids rule is the biggest scam of all these anti 'terrorist' rules IMO - and it's got some stiff competition - you have to look at who benefits from this rule - is it me? No. Is it Mr. Evian and Mr. Vittel?? Ohhhhhhh yes....I reckon they sponsored the whole thing. You have to follow the money.....

Like you say, why is water more of a danger than sandwiches? Plastic explosive in a bun is surely just as likely as a baby milk bomb, or whatever it was supposed to be.

Looking for a 'beard the size of a fist' is usually a good indicator of whether there might be intention.

Maz

Guru
If you have jars of baby food, be prepared to open them all and eat a spoonful in front of airport staff. They want to make sure it's not anything explosive. Or was that just with me?

Be careful with bags of crisps...the change in air pressure inflates them!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
If you have jars of baby food, be prepared to open them all and eat a spoonful in front of airport staff. They want to make sure it's not anything explosive. Or was that just with me?

Would be funny, if you slipped into parent mode with the security staff:

"spoonful for daddy, spoonful for baby..." and tried to feed some security bloke purreed carrot...

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
Would be funny, if you slipped into parent mode with the security staff:

"spoonful for daddy, spoonful for baby..." and tried to feed some security bloke purreed carrot...
What a cracking joke. ;) Shame I didn't think of it at the time! :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
What a cracking joke. ;) Shame I didn't think of it at the time! :biggrin:

Shame!

I've been waiting to play that game with my nephew, but so far he's so keen on his food, there's been no need to resort to games and trickery.

He had his first choc digestive last week, apparently it went down a treat and he was pointing at the packet for more....

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
zimzum42 said:
There are many airports (not in the UK) where the security check is after the shops, and they can sometimes take the water off you there.

But in general when flying back to the UK no one bothers checking anything, it's only when you leave the UK that they bother - stupid if you ask me!

I came back from Samos, Greece last week with my 50cent bottle of water in my bag and was told at the security checks to drink it or throw it. I bought another bottle in the airport shop for 1.5euros!

And

Fun sponge
Morrisette said:
Like you say, why is water more of a danger than sandwiches? Plastic explosive in a bun is surely just as likely as a baby milk bomb, or whatever it was supposed to be.

Ah yes, but.........

part of the reason they have banned liquids being taken through security is because of the fellow in China who took two large bottles of 'water' through security (nobody checked), but it turned out it was petrol - they found this out when he took himself to the bathroom, doused himself with it and lit a match.

Apparently all water 'airside' is delivered sealed and therefore safe.

Top Bottom